Liquid - Battery or circuit problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by franzkfk, Jul 20, 2017.

  1. franzkfk macrumors regular


    Feb 14, 2011
    Czech Republic

    so I accidentally spilled ginger lemonade on my Air.

    I acted swiftly. Turned it off. Turned it upside down. I've checked some videos and decided to open it. Bought the Pressed Air and Isopropyl Alcohol. There was a few drops n the motherboard, I've cleaned everything gently. The Mac is working fine. I need to clean keyboard key but that should be ok.

    The problem is that the Battery now says it is necessary to replace it.
    I've checked it with another apps and the Battery itself is alright - cycles, fully charged. The MagSafe is green. CoConut says the same - everything fine except the health is poor.

    Result - Mac won't start without the cable.

    Since I have right now only the screw for opening the backlit I cannot check other parts of the Mac. I'll go and buy the rest of the crews but .... meanwhile ... some thoughts?

    Thank you in advance, guys.
  2. Audit13 macrumors 68030


    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    If there's an apple store near you, you could take it in for a diagnosis.
  3. kohlson macrumors 68000

    Apr 23, 2010
    Some years ago my daughter spilled milk over the keys of a 13-inch MBP. As I was coming in on two wheels from work, on our way to an appointment, I couldn't do anything abut it until the next day after work. By then, too late. I ended up taking it apart and the SSD (2.5) was fine. But what I noticed was the way the battery connected to the logic board. The connector acted essentially as a basin. Milked pooled in their. Of course the lactic acid ruined every connection.

    My point is unless you took it apart and cleaned the connections, there may be more lemonade-related issues. Each mac design is slightly different, so this may not be true for you. As audit says, Apple will provide a free diagnostic.

Share This Page