Liquid Damaged iPod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Diogones, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Diogones, Mar 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2011

Diogones macrumors regular

Diogones

Greetings MacRumours Forum!

I have an iPod 120GB Classic that has undergone severe water damage after being left in a washing machine for a full cycle. This occurred several weeks ago, and while I have left the iPod in a closed container of dry rice, the device is still completely dead and will not respond. I have even tried plugging it in, to no avail. I believe it may be beyond repair, as the hard drive could be fried. Although I realize this is an ipod touch forum, I was unable to find any other forums dedicated to ipod maintenance, so I figured this was the next best thing. Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated, and I apologize if I posted in the wrong forum.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Well the iPod forums are here: http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75 but I totally understand how that is overlooked because I overlooked it).

Anyway, looks like you did what you should do and it's toast. Best to either try to replace the hard drive (which I do not believe to be the only issue) or sell it for parts and buy new. Sorry to hear that as like I said, you did what you should have done and it doesn't work. Bummer.

3. Diogones thread starter macrumors regular

Diogones

Thank you for your prompt and helpful reply Jessica! So that's where the iPod forums are; thanks for the link. I really do believe it is probably too much trouble to get the hard drive replaced, as that might cost more than the price of the device itself.