Liquid Metal rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by swish2351, Aug 26, 2013.

1. swish2351 macrumors 6502

If anyone remembers, a few years ago, apple had done a few things that made everyone think a liquid metal macbook pro was coming. I think I remember they acquired exclusive rights to the technology, there was an intel ad leaked with a black macbook pro, the apple site nav bar turned black, and a few other big things.

Does anyone else think it's possible that the new updates have only gotten spec bumps for the past few years, no real additions, because they are working on a liquid metal version to be released this fall (october)?

2. iZac macrumors 68000

iZac

A few months ago we did get some news about it, and although the patent application does seem rather exciting, previous news suggested it's not ready for primetime for years yet.

Part of me would expect that liquidmetal would first appear in their mobile devices - i.e. iPhone since it's their flagship device and producing smaller units probably has a much easier production process.

That being said, relying on their flagship device that sells in such vast volumes on a brand new tech might be risky.

But agreed, a liquidmetal rMBP would be killer!

As for the Intel ad, I cant remember properly, but wasnt that dismissed as a bit of willfull photoshop on Intels part?

3. vseera macrumors member

It's one of those technologies that got lost somewhere in the black hole.

No idea but I don't think it's coming out anytime soon. I remember seeing some mockups of macbooks in the past which looked awesome though!