Liquipel - Water sensor damage?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mtnDewFTW, Jan 15, 2012.

1. mtnDewFTW macrumors 6502a

Hey guys. I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, but I wasn't able to find too much info about it on google.
    When I first saw the Liquipel demo I was pretty blown away by it.
    However, one thing came to my mind right away.
    I'm sure as you all know, iDevices have water damage sensors.
    iPhones have one at the bottom of the headphone jack and I believe where you plug in your USB cable.
    So for example, if you were to drop your phone in the pool, the sensors would show that there was water damage done to the phone, and Apple can refuse to fix it (even if the problem you're having isn't related to water damage).

If you have liquipel and your phone comes in contact with water, would the sensor show it? Or would they stay unchanged as if nothing ever happened?

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

I think that would be a good question for liquipel since it's new not allot of info there are a couple offering this. I think more interesting I think apple or some other electronics service offer it out of the box. It says you are willing to protect your product. also Zagg Hz0 http://www.zagg.com/hzo/hzo-video.php i'd contact both and report back.

3. Coasterfanryan macrumors regular

4. Polo2883 macrumors regular

I am more worried about the warranty being voided than the water sensor being tripped. I have apple care plus for the water sensor but if they find out that its been treated I wonder if they will void the warranty.

5. cg60 macrumors newbie

Liquipel...

I got Liquipel on my iPhone 4 back in June and it's saved my phone from getting destroyed at least three times. I even dropped it in a bubbling jacuzzi and it survived! I've been a believer ever since. The crazy thing is that you can't even tell that anything has been done to your phone. None of the water sensor stickers changed color either so even if it fails you can get a new phone on Apple. All in all I'd say its worth the $59. You no longer have to worry about losing a phone over a spilled drink or a little rain. :cool:

6. comptr macrumors 65816

7. shleif macrumors newbie

I watched that video and according to what I saw, it did in fact still work after getting dropped in the glass of water... The glass on the other hand didn't work any more after getting dropped on the floor.

8. comptr macrumors 65816

but a follow up from the person in video he said on one of his other podcasts that after a few hours the phone died and had to be replaced.

9. shleif macrumors newbie

Didn't see that. I guess it doesn't surprise me though. Water and electronics don't mix to well. That said, I like the idea of this product or rather this type of product. At the end of the day, if it improves the chances of a phone surviving an accidental dunk, then it certainly can't hurt.