List: MR members who cracked and ordered a MBP since 2/19..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by morethanblood, Feb 25, 2008.

1. morethanblood macrumors member

and are biting their nails over this possible update tomorrow

1: me

2. skiffx macrumors 6502a

I doubt a lot of people will come out to admit this, but anyway, cant you still exchange it?

3. Kev1000000 macrumors member

Yea, I bought one too, this last saturday... :(

Oh well.

4. MacBookJoePro macrumors regular

I bought one.. but my 'c' key doesn't work and thats my ticket to getting another one!!! woohoo!! I'm using an external keyboard for now. When i go out with my MBP i just avoid using that key. haha..

I'm still biting my nails though.

-JoE

5. Ryox macrumors 6502a

Ryox

I have one bought last tuesday, and I love it, so I dont care if there is an update :D

6. morethanblood thread starter macrumors member

i bought a 17" 2.4 refurb mbp on thursday, so if refurbs can be returned im not worrying that much. either way the 17" 2.4 mbp for 2,299 is a good deal so if they do release a new mbp tomorrow and give it the hideous MBA keyboard i'll probably just stick with the refurb.

7. mshedd081 macrumors newbie

i broke down and bought mine last week, arrived today. I really love it, may pay the restocking fee and get the updated one if it is a significant update.... i guess i will see... BUT for the record I love my new mbp (it replace my MB that jumped off the desk)

8. heatmiser macrumors 68020

That's the right attitude. Six months from now, it won't matter if you got the "old" MBP or the "new" MBP, because something newer will come along. Doesn't mean yours will work any less well.

9. frqntflyr macrumors newbie

I did. Ordered a brand new MB Pro, 2.6GHz, 15in, 200GB 7200RPM and Logic Pro. Got another 2x2GB of RAM online which I'll put to good use.

Truth be told, "Heatmiser" makes the comment that in 6 months "old" will be irrelevant is completely on point. If my new MBP, which ships between today and the day after tomorrow, ends up being a Penryn one then great. If not, great.

I know what the current machines can do and 5-10% speed increase makes no noticeable difference in my life. Battery life can be circumvented also on long international flights by getting a second battery.

The one thing that makes this MBP so much more desirable over the "new" one is that it is tried and tested. It works. I don't have to worry about sending it back to get fixed because something isn't working properly.

10. morethanblood thread starter macrumors member

i like the way you think.