Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aries326

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2007
Yeah, I was a sucker and got a Jawbone (paid $70) and I have to admit I'm very disappointed. It disconnects from my phone all the time, I never know if on a new call if the headset will be available, noise canceling doesn't work in my Jeep (didn't surprise me but...), the two buttons (and combinations) are hard to remember and push and even with the different ear attachments it still fits loosely in my ear. For $70 I was really hoping for better.

Wow, dude, you must've gotten a bum unit. Everything I've heard about the Jawbone has been positive.

I personally have a Jawbone and it has the best noise cancellation I've ever come across. My car is a rice rocket with a loud exhaust and people can't even tell I'm driving in my car. I've never had problems with the Jawbone disconnecting or connecting. I can leave my iPhone inside the apartment, walk about 15 feet outside, have a smoke out on the balcony and still have an awesome conversation through the Jawbone.

Try bending the ear attachments to get a good fit. I got mine to fit nice. It's just a pain in the ass putting it over my ear.

Allanf

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2007
Green Bay, WI
From BOSE

1. A very decent cable adapter with inline mic that actually works very well - is around $30
2. A salesman at the Minneapolis Airport BOSE 'kiosk' said that one of the BOSE speaker systems works with the iPhone - $399 I think but next time will ask him to call my iPhone while it is playing music through the speakers to make sure you know there is an incoming call.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.