Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cyclone Chris

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2008
After finished installing, updated apps go to their original spots in the home screen. No More dragging icons around after an update for an app.

The Phazer

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
London, UK
BTW, I forgot to mention it was installed on my iPod Touch. However I figured these features or "bug fixes" would mirror over to the iPhone 3G

Oh I agree.

Have they fixed the bug that makes text entry fields fly all over the place in Safari on sites like Wikipedia?

Phazer

marcol

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2005
Norwich, UK
Don't suppose by any chance they added the option to hide the names of artists on compilation albums in the 'Artists' list?

TheBearman

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2008
Cary, NC
Personally I think they messed up the backup function. The backup does happen much faster but does this by not backing up the applications or music or movies.

I'm in the process of testing a restore and it is now installing the apps. Problem is, it's installing all the apps not just the ones I had active. It has also defaulted to installing all my music, not my selected play list. It didn't restore any of my data for my apps (not even the data for notepad).

This is being done on my touch since my phone update will need to wait for Friday.

So how are we expected to backup application data?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.