List of app complications that work on new S4 faces

anthonymoody

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 8, 2002
In case this becomes a sufficiently slow process, I thought it might be useful to put a list together. I'm happy to update this post as more devs do their thing. For now, the ones I know of:

-Bring
-Cardiogram
-Carrot Weather
-Countdowns
-CVS
-Dark Sky
-Fantastical
-Fidelity
-Health Face
-HeartWatch
-Marcher
-Pedometer ++
-Sky Guide
-Sports Alert
-Stepwise
-Thermowatch
-Things 3
-Watch Cam
-WaterMinder
-World Clock

Here’s a link to the Countdowns that works. Apparently there are many apps with the same name:
https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/countdowns-mit-widget/id917514700?mt=8

Last edited:

RMSko

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2010
The one I’m waiting on is the Dexcom G6 complication for diabetes glucose level tracking. Probably not a lot of interest in that one on this forum haha but for me it’s a game changer and I hope it’s updated soon. I’d also like to be able to use the stocks complication.

Smurphy Gherkin

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
In case this becomes a sufficiently slow process, I thought it might be useful to put a list together. I'm happy to update this post as more devs do their thing. For now, the ones I know of:

-Bring
-Cardiogram
-Carrot
-Countdowns
-CVS
-Dark Sky
-Fantastical
-Fidelity
-Pedometer ++
-Philips Hue (reported in another thread but not working apparently)
Philips Hue doesn’t appear in infographic complications on my S4.

anthonymoody

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 8, 2002
The one I’m waiting on is the Dexcom G6 complication for diabetes glucose level tracking. Probably not a lot of interest in that one on this forum haha but for me it’s a game changer and I hope it’s updated soon. I’d also like to be able to use the stocks complication.
Stocks actually does work. At least in the corners.

Philips Hue doesn’t appear in infographic complications on my S4.
I will remove it from the list.

Reactions: Smurphy Gherkin

anthonymoody

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 8, 2002
Stocks doesn’t show as an available complication for me in the new modular face. Does it for you?
Wow you know what? It does not, thought it does in the Infograph face.

I wonder how many others on this list are in one face but not the other...

dbrewood

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2018
Manchester, UK

-Countdowns
Which specific countdowns app is this as there are loads with that description?

ujjbd16

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2015

-Bring
-Cardiogram
-Carrot
-Countdowns
-CVS
-Dark Sky
-Fantastical
-Fidelity
-HeartWatch
-Pedometer ++
-Thermowatch

Here’s a link to the Countdowns that works. Apparently there are many apps with the same name:
https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/countdowns-mit-widget/id917514700?mt=8

MS Outlook not working for the new watch faces.

ebika

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2008
Chicago
Dark Sky has now been updated with a complication too. :)
Do the Dark Sky complications work for you? I can add them, but they never show any info on the complication for me. I can tap on them and see the app is able to get and show data just fine.

ohms12

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2012
Scotland
Do the Dark Sky complications work for you? I can add them, but they never show any info on the complication for me. I can tap on them and see the app is able to get and show data just fine.
It works, but it’s kinda crap. With the Carrot one at least I can change what I want to see on the complication - with Dark Sky, it’s just the temp. I’ll be sticking to Carrot I think...

RodThePlod

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
London
You can add Things 3 (todo list app) to your list. I've just noticed its complications also support the new Infograph faces. Plus, it also supports the Siri face which I think is new (I can't remember seeing it in the Siri face on my previous Watch).

Infograph Modular:

Siri face:

Infograph
:

Last edited:

a1kim

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2007
It works, but it’s kinda crap. With the Carrot one at least I can change what I want to see on the complication - with Dark Sky, it’s just the temp. I’ll be sticking to Carrot I think...
I discovered that Dark Sky had an updated complication that works on the Infograph face today, so I immediately put it on. I found that it does show more than just the temperature. For me it showed the weather condition as well (a cloud because it's cloudy here today).

However, I found one thing really annoying. Dark Sky displays the temperature along on a temperature range line, just like the Weather app does, but in Dark Sky the line goes from high temp on the left to low temp on the right. I tried to come up with a reason that they would show a temp line that goes from high to low, but it makes no sense to me at all. Can anyone explain this?

I just put the Weather complication back in place instead. I kinda love and hate Dark Sky at the same time. :\

Mtmspa

Suspended
May 13, 2013
I discovered that Dark Sky had an updated complication that works on the Infograph face today, so I immediately put it on. I found that it does show more than just the temperature. For me it showed the weather condition as well (a cloud because it's cloudy here today).

However, I found one thing really annoying. Dark Sky displays the temperature along on a temperature range line, just like the Weather app does, but in Dark Sky the line goes from high temp on the left to low temp on the right. I tried to come up with a reason that they would show a temp line that goes from high to low, but it makes no sense to me at all. Can anyone explain this?

I just put the Weather complication back in place instead. I kinda love and hate Dark Sky at the same time. :\
My dark sky app just shows to dashes, no temp until I press into the app. POS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.