List of Apple Stores Accepting iPad 3 Returns

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Medic311, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Medic311, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012

Medic311 macrumors 68000

Medic311

Surrounding all of the confusion about the unofficial 30-day return policy for iPad 3 owners, I have created a forum for members to post which store they were successfully able to initiate a 30-day return for a store credit/refund of their iPad 3's. Periodically throughout the day I will check the forum and update the OP with the list. Please only post the stores that you were successful, so we can keep the list tidy.

For stores that are international, please mention which country they are located in.

US
    Ardmore, PA - Suburban Square
    Arlington, VA - Pentagon City Mall
    Bellevue, WA- Bellevue Square Mall
    Brea, CA - Brea Mall
    Lynnwood, WA- Alderwood Mall
    Manhasset, NY - Northern Boulevard
    Minneapolis, MN - Rosedale Center
    San Francisco CA - Stockton Street
    Sugar Land TX - First Colony Mall
    Seattle, WA- University Village

Canada
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada - Fairview Mall

2. lindrelt macrumors newbie

Took iPad3 Return for Full Credit

2) Sugar Land TX - First Colony Mall

3. Welshman2oo5 macrumors member

4. finnftw macrumors member

5. iphone joe macrumors regular

iphone joe

6. Medic311 thread starter macrumors 68000

Medic311

just tried to call both of my local Apple Stores here in Philadelphia and they said they were instructed to remind people of the 14 day return policy and if i want anything else done i would need to come into the store. they could not commit to something over the phone but they said that something could "probably" be done.

i purchased my iPad 3 on October 3

7. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Suburban Square is much more lenient than Walnut St. Best bet is to go there.

8. Medic311 thread starter macrumors 68000

Medic311

Funny you mention that, that's the store I'm going to later this afternoon! Lol

9. Medic311 thread starter macrumors 68000

Medic311

just got back from the Ardmore, PA store (Main Line - Suburban Square)
    they accepted the exchange without issue, put the full price + applecare+ onto a gift card

going to pre-order the iPad 4 LTE right now

10. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

any apple store will accept a 30 day window - with all of the news about it - if first person says no - just ask for a manger and ask/show evidence of others returning after 30 days...

HERE IS A COMPLETE LIST OF APPLE STORES WHO ACCEPT 30 DAY RETURNS - http://www.apple.com/retail/storelist/

This is my opinion.

11. Ipadlover29 macrumors 6502a

12. Medic311 thread starter macrumors 68000

Medic311

since you have made it clear of the importance to share your opinion, let me share mine:

if you don't have a store to add to the list, don't trash this thread with misinformation. apple has a 14 day return policy and any deviation from that is YMMV. there is no 30 day return policy directed from Apple Corporate. here is their policy:

There are a few important things to keep in mind when returning a product you purchased from the U.S. Apple Online Store: You have 14 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it. For an Apple iPhone, you have 30 calendar days.
    Only items that have been purchased directly from Apple, either through the Apple Online Store or at an Apple Retail Store, can be returned to Apple. Apple products purchased through other retailers must be returned in accordance with their respective returns and refunds policy.
    Please ensure that the item you're returning is repackaged with all the cords, adapters and documentation that were included when you received it.

13. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Within the context of this thread let me ask you a question - do you think i am right about the fact ALL apple retail stores will give you a 30 day window to return your ipad 3?

14. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Since their official policy is 14 days, why are you people assuming that just because YOU got a return ok'd beyond 14 days that the next person will, and for that matter, why should the store that ok'd your return should be on any kind of list?

One of the things that has made Apple a great company is their unspoken policy of bendable policies. One of the things that makes macrumors annoying is its members' tendencies to exploit those bendable policies, sometimes to the point of breaking them.

These kinds of threads are ungrateful and greedy. Discretion is a virtue.

15. Medic311 thread starter macrumors 68000

Medic311

that is irrelevant, because if you whine enough and lack any trace of dignity in creating a wild scene in front of everyone you will always get what you want.

so to answer your question, my answer is NO. the proof of my answer can be found in the FP thread about the unofficial return policy where many forum members here provided their own experiences of being unable to make the return. they had to go to other stores or call up the 1-800 number and handle it over the phone. some weren't even able to handle it that way either. as of right now, it's still YMMV. we aren't in the same situation as we were back when the iPad 2 came out and Apple was offering official discounts and official extended return polices for people who recently purchased the iPad 1

16. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

actually they are very grateful apple lets them return an item outside the "official" return window

----------

i can accept that

17. Medic311, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012

Medic311 thread starter macrumors 68000

Medic311

i am compiling a list of Apple Stores that are going above and beyond the 14 day return policy for their customers. this list is exemplifying the excellent customer service that the managers of these stores provide.

would you have rather me made a negative thread with a list of all of the Apple Stores that refused to return iPad 3's within 30 days? i didn't think so...

ungrateful? how do you come to that assumption? people in this thread are promoting their local stores that are going above and beyond their already stellar customer service to assist customers who would like to upgrade to the new iPad 4. even in the other FP thread about this topic, people were thanking Apple for stepping up to the plate (when they didn't have to) and allowing people to get the newer product if the iPad 3 was recently purchased. despite all of the whiners on this site (yourself included), there are many here who are full of common sense and appreciation. stop trashing this thread, if you don't have a store to add to the list then leave.

some words of advice for yourself as you walk - people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

18. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Apple is 'whispering', on a store by store, manager by manger basis, that they *may* be willing to accept a 30 day return on the ipad 3. So what does the me too! generation do? They make a big fat list in bold letters of where to go to cash their entitlement checks. If that's not ungrateful, then I don't know what is.

Oh and when this is your forum, feel free to dispense orders. Til then, if you make a thread, you will get interlopers. Tough luck.

19. mcdj, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2012

mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Hi! Still here! Since you seem to now be avoiding discussing this in a civilized manner, I'll assume you've run out of reasoned arguments.

I'll leave you with this. If you're so convinced there's nothing ungrateful about posting these store names, why not get a big piece of cardboard and write "THIS STORE WILL TAKE BACK YOUR IPAD 3". Then take it down to your local Apple store and stand outside the door. See how long it takes before someone kindly asks you to reevaluate your purpose there.

And hey, here's another banner idea! Instead of just compiling a list of stores, how about you compile a list of the actual names of the store managers who agreed to take back ipad 3s? Then people can go to the store and ask for the manager by name! And maybe the list will get picked up by Reddit! Then everyone will know the names of these awesome lenient managers, and Apple will reward them for their outstanding publicity skills. Heck, Apple will probably host a big dinner for the top managers who excel in returning ipad 3s above and beyond their quota.

Apple has helped us, it's time to give back! Post the manager's names!

20. tkcom macrumors newbie

Any idea if it's 30 days from the announcement date or 30 days from when it hits the shelves (Nov 2)? I got my iPad 3 on Oct 1st so it'd satisfy the 1st condition but not the 2nd condition.

21. Ipadlover29 macrumors 6502a

From what i understand and what they did for me. They are extending the return period from the usual 14 days to 30 days from the initial date of purchase. Again this is only for particapating stores and managers.

22. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

Apple has more than enough money. They are shocking us to begin w that they came out w this 4 model so soon. And the people who bought them within the last month should be entitled to exchange.

Even if apple let those who have had the ipad 3 since launch day, exchange for $150 upgrade fee, they would STILL BE MAKING MONEY OFF US. It would only cost them approx $25 to put a new case on it. Then they would resell as refurbished. Mine is in perfect condition as are most of us who kept a case on it. Further more, majority of people who would pay the upgrade fee are apple fans who kept good care of it. So AGAIN, apple would NOT be taking a loss.

So I say, if people who bought the 3 within a month, apple should w out question let people exchange for the 4. Most companies, esp in this recession -- offer 30 day no questions asked RETURN and exchange policy.

23. marsmissions macrumors 6502

marsmissions

If you call and are polite, they will generally help you out.

24. Medic311 thread starter macrumors 68000

Medic311

the unofficial policy is 30 days from your purchase date

25. hwci macrumors newbie

Brea, CA - Brea Mall

No issues returning the iPad Gen3 I purchased on 10/09. I explained when I had made the purchase and the Apple Store rep knew what I wanted to do before I even had to ask. Only downside was that it required a new transaction which added Orange County tax when I had originally purchased the iPad Gen3 from the Portland, OR store (no tax).