List of apps fully optimized for new Mac Pro?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Torley, May 6, 2014.

1. Torley macrumors member

2. hendrix.to macrumors newbie

hendrix.to

as far as I know , the apps can fully use 2 GPU : only Apple pro apps + adobe premiere :(

adobe AE may be soon ........ not sure about maya

3. handsome pete macrumors 68000

Unlikely. 2015 was just released and there's no mention of it in any of the new documentation. And if that's the case, then I would say the 2016 release would be the soonest we see it.

4. hendrix.to macrumors newbie

hendrix.to

I have been looking into this for some time too, despond on lack of pro apps optimized for new Mac Pro.
    I am plan to build a Hackintosh Pro first time in my life .

you can get most out of you money for pro apps , by build a fast i7 cpu + single most powerful GPU you can afford :cool:

it cheaper than nMP base , with faster i7 + gtx titan black

5. 0x2102 macrumors member

BMD DaVinci Resolve

CaptureOne Pro is currently using 1 GPU - 2 GPU's will be supported in a future 2014 version

6. d-m-a-x macrumors 6502

happy about that, my best C1 set up to date - the previews used to take forever

7. Bazu macrumors regular

It'd be very nice to see C1 fully support nMP.
    Also waiting for Aperture update.

8. AidenShaw, May 16, 2014
    Last edited: May 17, 2014

AidenShaw macrumors P6

AidenShaw

/dev/null will show you all of the fully optimized apps

The idea of "fully optimized" isn't really appropriate.

Optimization is a gradual process - it depends on the application code getting better, on the compilers getting better, on the frameworks (CUDA for most of the world, OpenCL if you're with Apple) getting better....

And as soon as any of those components improve - anything older is no longer "fully optimized".

There's also the issue that the each new processor from Intel will have additional features and instructions. If you "fully optimize" for those - the application won't even run on older processors.

To say "fully optimized" shows a lack of understanding about the real world of applications. It's better to ask "which applications can take advantage of the dual GPUs in nMP".

9. Philip D macrumors newbie

Sorry for my ignorance but what is the point in having two graphics cards if most of the time only one will be utilised?

If I have more than one graphics intensive process running at the same time, will they use separate cards in this case, in a similar way to processor cores?

10. dmax35 macrumors 6502

My C1 dealer told me to expect a new release mid june. I since switching to a nmp rendering seems allot faster.