List of battery burning apps?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Ganges, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Ganges macrumors member

I was a little hesitant to JB due to the Bat issues i've read about. As i've posted I did it anyway, and love it so far.

However!

Dang it, I'm also seeing battery issues. I know the Ipad was at 27% when put to sleep last night, and now after work I fire it up and it's at 19%, It has never dropped overnight!

Hmmmmmmmm, Sumthang is a running! :confused:

I've installed

Categories SB
    SBSettings
    Ifile

I'm guessing it's not Ifile, but either Cat or SBS? Do these continue to run in sleep mode? Is there a list of pesky apps that do this?

2. Mitchrapp macrumors 6502a

That happened to me and then I realized the adapter wasn't working so I changed to a different one. Problem fixed. So maybe that's it? Other than that I haven't a clue.

3. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

It's neither of those apps, but you can use SBSettings to see if there is something that is staying open in the background by checking the Processes section. Lots of times I've noticed the Safari, iPod and Video apps like to randomly stay open for no particular reason. The iPod app is the worst about reopening for no reason.

4. r3voLoLwuT macrumors member

There are talks over in the iPhone Hacks forum that Activator/SBSettings are causing battery issues. Which one we don't know, but when you uninstall both, battery life improves a good amount.

5. Ksane macrumors regular

Don't let it be my best pal Activator. I don't care about multitasking, themes or any of that other stuff. But I've got different swipes set up for EVERYthing. I was always worried about the hardware buttons going out. Now the only time I have to click one is when I wake it up from sleep. I never touch the home, volume or sleep button otherwise.
    That said-I haven't noticed even the tiniest battery issue, and I've carefully kept track. But I've only got Activator, SBSettings & Categories SB.

6. cmb741 macrumors member

Haha, yeah. I'm one of the people from that forum. I did a lot of testing along with 3 complete restores/ setups ( in 4 days time :mad:) trying to figure out what the problem was. Unfortunately, it is activator. It absolutely destroyed battery life on the phone 4( for me anyways)
    I got weak & installed it on My Ipad & sure enough my battery usage is nowhere near what it was.
    Trying to just deal with it but :(... It just sucks knowing it's it just chewing away.
    Hopefully the issue will be addressed in a update sometime soon.

7. iThinman macrumors regular

08-15 14:29 , 73% Surfing, MLB Audio (6-dot volume), DocsToGo, iFile, GoodReader
    14:55 , 69% same
    15:02, 67% same
    15:39 , 61% same

not seeing any problems. Still at ~10% drain per hour.

Jailbroken with backgrounder, activator, sbcategories, iwhiteboard, ssh, wifi, +, +, +

8. cmb741 macrumors member

Hmm. Yeah 10% a hour is pretty ideal huh.
    Not me, I'm gonna guess and say that even just web browsing. I'll prob loose 13-15 percent a hour on wifi. Maybe more.
    I'm gonna start paying a little more attention to my usage, Maybe Im just paranoid cause of everything I went thru w the phone. I don't think so tho.
    Honestly, I'd be much happier to eat my words than to have battery issues with activator. It's such a good program otherwise.
    Well see

9. r3voLoLwuT macrumors member

The only real way to test would be to unjailbreak and see what the battery usage is. Then rejailbreak and see what the usage is.