iPhone List of best repos?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Gix1k, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

Does anything like this exist?

Name your favorite

2. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Not sure his list is the best list. I always google it, there's always a post recently about the current best repo sources. If you go by the one he posted above, you'll be a bit disappointed.

3. Tmlfan3 macrumors regular

That is a lot. I generally only add repos as required for tweaks I want.

4. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Yeah, the list he provided is so pointless. Most are tweaks where there's some developer posting their one and only tweak. I am not sure why he thought it appropriate to post that.

If you google "best cydia repos" the first result is "Best iOS 8 Cydia Sources/Repos of 2014" and would be my recommendation. I know it's not the favorite to post "google this..." but I'm not sure if the terms of the site allow me to post a direct link to a competing site, especially one that's advertising content that may be against the rules of the forum here. This site looks down on piracy or any murmur of it ... fraud and contract violation is ok though. LOL, I know, makes no sense.

5. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

makes the most sense...

6. 1984world macrumors 6502

1984world

I posted the above list as it provides a list of various repos, many with a hidden gem here and there that would otherwise be missed. Not all items are cross-posted on repos. I found this list elsewhere, and personally found a few tweaks that I hadn't seen elsewhere.

I would think that people would be intelligent enough to google each repo, add each repo and see if it had anything they liked, and/or simply ignore the repo if they didn't like what they see.

Whining and complaining, taking the time to post something negative about someone elses post rather than actually providing the thread creator with any information is simply juvenile.

7. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

I love how you attack those who disagree with you. What logical reason would you post the Beta Repo for BiteSMS, an app that has been declared dead?

99% of the repos you posted are for a single app or tweak that can be had on any of the mainstream repos that WOULD be of use.

8. 1984world macrumors 6502

1984world

My post didn't require a response from you. The original poster asked a question and I provided an answer. You added nothing to the conversation, other than to attack a member of this forum (which I've noticed you do in lots of threads) that was attempting to provide some useful information to another member. If the 1% of the useful repos above provide anything of value to the o/p, then it was worth it. When I first came across the above list, it helped me locate some tweaks that I had not heard of elsewhere, and have found very valuable.

We don't know if bitesms is declared dead. The lead developer left the project, but that doesn't mean it's been declared dead.

Regardless, once again, if you don't have anything nice to say, nothing worthwhile to add, you are left with the option to not say anything. This is why so many new members leave in disgust, when they ask questions, and attacked instead. Immature really.

9. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

You provided a bad answer. It's like if someone asks how to cook an egg telling them "use water" ...

BiteSMS has been declared dead. It was the brain child of one developer. To suggest the user should add the repo for his iPhone 6 (which clearly could not have been BiteSMS compatible) shows you just were copying and pasting YOUR repos, not necessarily putting thought into what would benefit him.

If you read post 3, it's about the most helpful post in this thread. It gives him what he needs, not some silly list of pointless and dead repos.

I didn't realize so many new members are leaving in disgust. Where do you get this information from?

The funny part is in another thread YOU asked for repo advice, and then when someone asked you, YOU named some of the ones I linked, yet not the ones you posted above.

Anyhow, I think the OP should google the list for the current favorites, because this is going nowhere. You are like the guy who swears everyone else who shops at the mall and big box\big name online retailers are wrong, and that everyone should shop at boutique shops. LOL. Sometimes popularity is what matters. They get updated more frequently, and they contain a wide array of tweaks.

10. 1984world macrumors 6502

1984world

I didn't read all your post, as after reading several other threads (several just today in fact) you seem to like to post and argue with people just for the sake of arguing with them. I see this as something of a personality deficiency, and not worth my effort. I will not respond to any posts from yourself further as it is simply beneath me.

11. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Thanks for this! I immediately took screenshots so that I could save this haha. I have some of these on my Cydia but most of them I've either used for a beta or never knew existed.

Do you recommend any specific package from one of these repos that isn't already in a default repo? Would love to learn about some less common tweaks :D.

12. 1984world macrumors 6502

1984world

Honestly, I have so many tweaks that are on so many different i-devices that I couldn't narrow it down. One tweak that I recently found that I recall being super happy with is:

StatusVol2

Currently in beta and I found it in the repo : http://apt.steverolfe.com/

I had been using StatusHUD 2, but whenever I would attempt to change the volume or mute it during video playback, it would crash my device. I found this alternative, and though it is in beta, has been working great for me.

I found a great ad blocker on this one:

http://cydia.myrepospace.com/Basic/

And I found CCControls (ios8 compatible) on this one (prior to it being updated on other repos:

http://danyl.net/repo/

There are other good repos out there with rare gems, I would have to look further for them. I usually will use one of my devices as a test one, download the repo and then try out tweaks before putting them on one of my regular every day phones (i use a 64 gb 5S and 128 gb 6Plus as my daily drivers).

If I remember some of the other repos I can always post them. I like to support the developers to help keep jailbreaking alive, so I purchase an awful lot of tweaks (not to mention all the app store apps I've bought as well).

13. cymolia macrumors 6502a

ryan petrich has one of the best repos out there

rpetri.ch/repo/

14. 1984world macrumors 6502

1984world

I would say that he is one of my favorite devs, with a lot of great apps/tweaks. Another one that I've found good is:

http://cydia/.angelxwind.net/

I found the app : mikoto on her repo. Lots of areas to customize your device within this app. Another great find.