List of charger cables compatible with the Bumper case for iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Meyvn, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Meyvn macrumors 6502

Anyone have some cables they're 100% sure are compatible? Even the old pre-iPhone Apple USB cables don't work.

I was hoping some of the dollar eBay cables would work. Has anybody tested some from a particular store, or seller that they could recommend?

2. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

3. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Besides the one that came with the phone ;) I also have some $1 cables from eBay last year and they work just fine.

4. CashDude macrumors regular

5. MyRomeo macrumors 6502

MyRomeo

Just wanted to add to this, the Belkin TuneBase FM does NOT work with the bumper on iP4, the metal connector is too short!

6. danno1769 macrumors member

Anyone know where I can purchase a cable with the male end long enough for bumper case use?

7. roots4x macrumors newbie

Are you sure it works WITH the bumper on?

8. Che Castro macrumors 603

can you guys post some amazon links of chargers that do work with the bumper

not the apple one

9. macnrg macrumors newbie

retractable bumper compatible cable

anyone find a bumper-compatible iphone 4 retractable cable? I bought the MacAlly one, which is OK, but poorly made (needed an RMA), and wayyy too short

10. EJ8 macrumors 6502a

EJ8

11. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I have the Belkin TuneBase FM hands-free. When I got my iPhone 4, I ordered the bumper case. As everyone found it, it does not fit into the Tunebase because the plastic around the dock connector on the iPhone doesn't let the belkin reach far enough. I took a dremel to the belkin base and chamfered (shaved) the corners of the dock area so it would fit up in the opening on the bumper. After doing that, the iPhone now fits perfect in the unit and has a very secure grip because of the rubber on the tunebase and the rubber on the bumper case. The modification is very minimal and I personally don't care that it looks a little bit less than perfect because of the added function and features. I can take a picture of it if people are interested.