Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
I thought id make this thread so people could post programs which don't work on the latest firmware.

I am not positive but I downloaded these two apps and 1 of the 2 made my iPad go into an endless safe mode reboot, had to restore:eek:

-Cascade
-Folderenhancer

Ndhusmc

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2011
I thought id make this thread so people could post programs which don't work on the latest firmware.

I am not positive but I downloaded these two apps and 1 of the 2 made my iPad go into an endless safe mode reboot, had to restore:eek:

-Cascade
-Folderenhancer

I'm running cascade on an iPad (2012) on 5.1.1 with no issues so it's possibly because of folderenhancer.

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
I'm running cascade on an iPad (2012) on 5.1.1 with no issues so it's possibly because of folderenhancer.

Thanks for verifying that staying away for now from Folderenhancer, will give Cascade another go.

I also haven't got SBSettings to install properly lots of red errors you get it installed yet?

wgr73

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2005
New Mexico
I also haven't got SBSettings to install properly lots of red errors you get it installed yet?

Keep going back, it keeps hacking away at the down load. I need to figure out what made my iPad go into loops as well. Just had to restore :eek: It made the graphics (icons) show up in an inverted color, so maybe a theme did it. Dark UPS iOS5

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Keep going back, it keeps hacking away at the down load. I need to figure out what made my iPad go into loops as well. Just had to restore :eek: It made the graphics (icons) show up in an inverted color, so maybe a theme did it. Dark UPS iOS5

Weird same thing happened to me. I couldnt figure out which application it was.

DS3

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2011
I havn't noticed anything wrong with folder enhancer, though it scared me when it remembered my folder layout from my iPad 2 months ago and I had to reorganize everything.

gr8whtd0pe

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2008
Dallas, NC
I can't get snes4iphone or nes4iphone to work. It loads but when I go to either create it sign in to rock, it crashes. The rock app crashes right away.

Did I do something wrong?

EDIT: Ended up just using NES AD+ and also got Genesis AD+

Last edited:

oli356

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2010
I havn't noticed anything wrong with folder enhancer, though it scared me when it remembered my folder layout from my iPad 2 months ago and I had to reorganize everything.
This, it worked on my iPhone fine.. There's not even any tweaks in the big boss repo though so I can't even install on iPad :s

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
Rotation Inhibitor 1.04 is no longer compatible. i really hope Ryan updates this or that someone writes a substitute. i used this tweak in conjunction with activator *many* times each day...it's one of the main reasons why i find JBing so useful.

had i known that this doesn't work anymore i would have stayed on 5.0.1

now i have to ask myself if i want to burn up more of my 3-day weekend and going back to JB 5.0.1 :(

DS3

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2011
I'm fairly certain iProtect is what has caused me to waste the last 6 hours of my life.

After a crash I rebooted to find small spaced out icons, messed up folders and tons of graphical glitches.

Ended up restoring thinking it was the result of errors that occured while I was installing several things due to the screwd up cydia yesterday. After hours of that seemingly being successful, I restarted again and.. same error.

So now I've been deleting each tweak two or three at a time trying to figure out whats causing, and the best I can figure out is that its iProtect or possibly Snes 9x.

Now I've got to put the other tweaks back on and hope it wasn't actually multiple apps.

Anyway, don't just respring - RESTART your iPad between at least every few tweaks to make sure nothing has gone wrong. If anyone has iProtect, restart and let me know if you have problems. You can respring to fix the glitches temporarily if so.

----

I've also found FullScreen to be very glitchy and deleted it until an update.

Last edited:

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
This isn't a tweak that doesn't work, its an iPad function that seems to have stopped working. But the Picture Frame viewer in the lockscreen has stopped working completely. I just get a blank screen.

I'm not sure if its a tweak that caused it or the JB itself. Slideshow still works.

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
This isn't a tweak that doesn't work, its an iPad function that seems to have stopped working. But the Picture Frame viewer in the lockscreen has stopped working completely. I just get a blank screen.

I'm not sure if its a tweak that caused it or the JB itself. Slideshow still works.

My picture frame is working. Did you do a full restore on your iPad?

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
i disable the picture frame in my springtomize but i enabled it and it's working fine...sounds like a tweak problem.

[edit] lovely, it looks like i'm not able to disable the picture frame in springtomize after i enabled it. looks like a bug.

Last edited:

PrayForDeath

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2012
AutoProtect causes my iPad to get stuck in safe mode loop. Really bummed because this is a very useful tweak

knimetimmy

macrumors member
May 17, 2009
I have the new iPad 16 gig wifi
I can't seem to get safari upload enabler to work on 5.1.1. I'm going to try a full restore and re jailbreak but before I do I want to know if you guys have had issues.

Romeosc

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2012
RetinaPad is obsolete cuz the iPad 3 already Upscales the resolution of iPhone Apps.

RETINA PAD WILL HOSE YOUR INSTAALTION AND REQUIRE A RESTORE!

I know... I did and then had couldn't restore because my Mac had changed the verification from Apple to Cydia!

Took hours to figure it out!

BEWARE!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.