OS Neutral List of game genres

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Dr. McKay, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Dr. McKay macrumors 6502a

Does anyone know of any sites that list all games every made by genre, with links to get more information or maybe even download (abandonware).

I'm looking for a specific 2D space strategy game I used to play years and years ago. I have absolutely no recollection of the title or who it was made by. All I can remember is that it showed the surface of a planet where you could build a base using different structures and that you had to defend against attacking ships or even attack other bases from a distance. The graphics were quite nice and featured some slick animations f.e. missiles taking off from the ground or from within the base and then turning towards their targets.

Well, I know this isn't much to go on, but any help is appreciated.

2. Dirtyharry50 macrumors 68000

Dirtyharry50

You might want to try posting about this on the www.gog.com forums where there are people who may recall this game. I'm not sure what it would be myself but thought I'd just toss that suggestion out.

3. hakonandersson macrumors newbie

Gog is a good place to start.

Sounds like you're talking about Dune 2, however.. Is this it? Google image search for 'dune 2'..

Cheers

4. Dr. McKay thread starter macrumors 6502a

No, no, nothing to do with Dune, or any movie franchise...

5. tomvos macrumors 6502

tomvos

I'd recommend the Macintosh Garden.

If you don't find your game there, you might want to check out some of the links on their site in the friends section.