List of Headphones with iPhone Remote

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Jonasgold, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Jonasgold macrumors member

Is there a list of all headphones that have an iPhone Compatible remote(with louder softer, answer button & mic like the Apple earbuds)?

Recommandations of good over-ear headphones with such a remote are also welcome(please no Beats or Bose).

2. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Motorola S305 Bluetooth

Good quality. Pairs perfectly with the IP4 and you can answer, mute, and run the Ipod part of your IP4, volume controls, rechargeable.

3. johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    klipsh s4i

outstanding sound, remote is soso as but hey it work well with ip4

4. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

you can help people by reading their posts.

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

I have tried many pairs of EMI's I now have a-JAYS 4. As far as I am concerned my search is over. $70 US

[​IMG]]

7. Abstract, Apr 11, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2011

Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Oh sorry, if you're after a list of headphones ("cans") with a remote for iPhone, then the only one I know is the Denon D510r.

If you're talking about in-ear earphones, or regular earphones, then the ones I can name are Apple's own in-ear model, Shure SE210m (I think there may be a lower model number version as well), Denon C560r and C260r, Klipsch S2i, S4i, S5i (a tougher version of S4i) and I believe their X10 now has a remote version, NuForce 7m and 700m, and the JAYS A-Jays Four. There may also be one or several models of Monster, and Beats by Dre that include an in-line remote, but they're not worth the asking price, IMO.

8. techdude6693 macrumors 6502

If you have a sony store nearby and want sort of a "back-up" pair of headphones, I got these in-ear buds that have all 3 controls. My local store is selling these for $7 a set. Sound and build-quality is above average, but for $7, who really cares? other than that I like my Bose In-Ears, they were recently changed to have all 3 controls.

9. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

Zagg Smartbuds have iPhone controls and I really like them :)

10. Truckondo macrumors member

Just got the B&W P5 Headphones last week. Comfortable on ear and they sound great. They isolate sound very well (tested in a noisy apple store).

11. BurntReality macrumors 6502

BurntReality

These are a great value if you can snag them with a 50% coupon. I own them and have no complaints for the price.

12. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

Yep, that's how I got mine! Wouldn't pay full price but I have been quite happy with them.

13. cbronfman macrumors 6502

BOSE has a pair

Pretty pricy. I usually use the ZAGG ones so I don't need to figure out where to store them if they're not in my ears (like I'm in a meeting or at an appointment). I have Apple's (obviously), ZAGG, a pair from Richard Solo (ebony ones - pretty good sound - but cord is long and can get caught (like around car steering wheels if you have to move fast), as well as the Bose.

14. himesh macrumors regular

15. scowl macrumors member

If you are seriously interested in getting the most out of your money.. then listen to me. These phones are rated 7/10.. which is quite a damn good rating. That is the rating from Head-Fi.org. Simply by going by their ratings you can get set of phones that sell for $40 and rate 8.5.

16. labman macrumors 604

labman

Except you failed to fallow TS request wanting controls not just sound. yes these will pause music and answer calls. however they won't allow you to skip tracks, or play a song over adjust the volumes like the others. but they do sound good. I do agree with checking reviews on Audiophile sites like Head-Fi.org.

17. Jonasgold thread starter macrumors member

Thanks,everybody for the reply's(even those who didn't read my post and suggested earbuds/in-ears).
    I continued to research and found the answer myself,
    I end up buying the AKG Q 460 Black.
    If you don't care about iPhone/iPod controls, than you probably can get better quality for that price, but overall they're very good.

18. benjayman2 macrumors 6502

benjayman2

I was going to get these but I heard the sound is not worth the price. My next one's will probably s4i's

19. labman, Apr 16, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2011

labman macrumors 604

labman

funny because I feel that way about the S4I's. but life is full of choices right! :D oh I am also I big Klipsch fan. pc speakers are Klipsch and I also have a pair CF-3s towers & onkyo reciver & 7.1 surround most of my speakers are Klipsch

[​IMG]

20. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

You think these are better then the Bose?

21. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

I would bet hard money on it, I can't stand Bose.

22. labman macrumors 604

labman

My brother has Bose and for me I would say the jay's or klipsh on and on not a Bose fan. With emi's or any speakers it's all a matter of opinion any way. Some like heavy bass some don't. Also different people hear different tones. Etc etc.

23. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Are you talking about Bose Headphones or Bose speaker systems? I have a Bose speaker systme and I think it works great. I have auditioned the QuietComfort 15, QuietComfort 3, and the QuietComfort 2 (which was actually pretty decent for $450) and they aren't that good when it comes to headphones and IEM's.

24. firestarter macrumors 603

firestarter

I've never heard of them before, but these 'Steelseries Siberia' cans look like an interesting design.

Over ear, neck-band, extendable microphone, remote control.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QvNIhuILQk