List of Outdated/Inaccurate Apple Support Docs + Corrected Information

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Aniej, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

I recognize they are busy and all, but I was just on the support site looking for a few different things and was amazed at how many support docs were plainly outdated and thus inaccurate.

Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to start a list of docs that need to be updated and then underneath list, if you are confident you are right, the correct information that is missing from the support docs for various reasons. This could be a great resource for people searching for answers only to discover the information has changed. Including a live link would be helpful too. If you like this idea, I hope you participate as you come across errors. Additionally, to make this useful and easy to read, lets try to keep this thread at least somewhat on point and relevant to this topic.

So to start us off with an easy example:

1. MacBook Pro (Core 2 Duo): Memory Specifications
    • Outdated Info: Support doc states "MacBook Pro can take 4GB RAM, but only really supports 3GB RAM."
    • Correct Info: With the June 15, 2007 revision to the MacBook Pro lineup, 4GB RAM is fully supported.

2. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

But, the specs for the "original" MBP Core 2 Duo remain the same...

The "new" Core 2 Duo MBP (aka Santa Rosa) can take the full 4 GB.
    So, IMHO the document is correct, but should state that this regards the MBP Core 2 Duo until summer '07.

3. Aniej thread starter macrumors 68000

Aniej