List of things to do before you get your Apple Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by keatth, Apr 22, 2015.

1. keatth macrumors 6502

1) Upgrade iOS.
    2) Select Favorite Contacts.
    3) Add Photos to Favorite Contacts.
    4) Clean up your Favorite Contacts info.
    5) Create a New iTunes Playlist with up to 2GB of music you'd want to store.
    6) Within iPhoto or Photos app, mark up to 75MB of photos as Favorites.
    7) Clean up your Favorites with in the Maps application on the iPhone or Macintosh. The trick to making Favorites appear on the Mac is to click an empty search field, click Favorites, then click Favorites in the sidebar. While you're there, clear Recents.
    8) Review the released Watch Apps and install the ones you want on your iPhone. Helpful hint: Pay attention to the icons below the watch face to see which apps have Glances and Notifications.
    9) Teach Siri your relationships like "My Wife."
    10) Unsubscribe to all the junk e-mails you get.
    11) Rename music tracks with shorter names if they're very long (e.g. "Eine kleine Nachtmusik, Serenade in G major, K. 525: I. Allegro" could just be "Eine kleine Nachtmusik: Allegro").
    12) Clear enough free space on your iPhone and/or iCloud so Watch backups are not problematic.
    13) Go to Settings -> Notifications and disable every Notification you don't want. When you get the phone, you'll want to further trim the Noticiations that show up on the Watch.

Anything I missed?

2. SixtyK macrumors 6502a

SixtyK

1. Take a deep breath
    2. Stay calm
    3. Remember that it is a watch and not life and death
    4. Stop trying so hard to be angry
    5. understand that if you don't get your watch Friday, there are 13 more days before the first wave of orders are late.
    6. Keep breathing.

That's all I can think of.

3. iToph macrumors regular