List of trusted ebay sellers

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gimmeiphone, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gimmeiphone macrumors 6502

with all the questions and threads from people being ripped off on ebay and wondering who can be trusted, time someone made a thread with a list of trusted sellers that you have used :)

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I don't think this is appropriate; just buy from sellers with 10k more sales with 97%+ positive feedback.

3. gimmeiphone thread starter macrumors 6502

4. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

Agreed. That's what the ratings are for. Also there would be tons of sellers to list on a thread with different products. Searching for the right seller / product would be more difficult.

gimmeiphone, your good intentions are understandable, but it's already built into eBay.

5. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

I would add to the recommendation that you look for a higher positive rating - something at 99% or higher. Then you've really got a seller who is going to care about you.

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I agree, at least tentatively. The problem with making a "safe list" of buyers is that it's all dependent on experiences here and too subject to abuse. eBay provides data that helps you make decisions about buyers. You should add to that common sense and your knowledge of how to ID scams or fishy propositions and just go with that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.