List of UNIX commands for Apple Remote Desktop?

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by gmanist1000, Aug 11, 2014.

1. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

Does anyone know where I could find a comprehensive list of UNIX commands or scripts to use with Apple Remote Desktop?

So far I've seen a script to log a specific user in.

I work in a school environment and would love to put Remote Desktop to it's full use.

Thanks!

2. kryten2 macrumors 6502a

Do you mean the Remote Desktop admin application? It has a decent scripting dictionary and also some Automator actions to start with. Take a look at the two Computer Management videos from the link.

Info : Computer Management and Teacher's Helpers v3.0 & ARD Action Pack v3.0

Attached Files:

3. chrfr macrumors 603

There won't be a comprehensive list because you can do nearly anything in ARD's "Send Unix Command" window that you can do at a full fledged Unix command line.
    There are a number of preset templates in the "send unix command" window you can start with.
    A book like this might be a helpful place to start: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920025870.do

4. dmi macrumors regular

5. ChrisA macrumors G4

OK you might find such a list but it is going to be really long and cryptic. I just checked on my Macbook and found over 1,000 unique commands in $PATH.

I've been at this "unix stuff" for over 30 years and I doubt I've used most of them. I list is not what you want. You want to pick up a short book and read it. and then you can use the "man" command to look up details when you need to.