list of useful apps??

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by djack6676, Mar 5, 2008.

1. djack6676 macrumors newbie

djack6676

:apple: I have a jailbroken iPhone and hundreds of 3rd party apps but i have no idea what half of them do. if anyone could respond and post a list of useful apps or sources it would be much appreciated. thanx :D ---i will pass the list on.

2. I3eXa macrumors 6502

just go to installer and look at the description, they will tell you.

3. yOyOYoo macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo

My favorites:

ToDoList - to do list
    PocketMoney - balance your money
    Services - turn off and on features like bluetooth, wifi, etc
    SMSD - send multiple SMS
    Chat - chat program
    Sketches - draw funny pictures
    SMBPrefs - put different themes on your phone
    Customize - reorganize the layout of icons

Games:
    iSolitare
    iBlackjack
    gpSPhone - SNES emulator
    NES - NES emulator
    Labyrinth
    SuperPong
    iPhysics

Goodluck!

4. knoxtown macrumors 6502

Voice Recorder App ended up being VERY useful for me. Also, there is an app called Camera Pro or something... It's good because you can use zoom and other features on your camera.:apple:

5. Eleonardo macrumors newbie

IMGrab is pretty cool, allows you select URL's from your Safari history and download images to your photo album.

MxTube is pretty awesome too, and I think it was officially released yesterday, it allows you to download YouTube videos directly to your phone.

6. djack6676 thread starter macrumors newbie

djack6676

thanks everyone the apps work exceptionally well :D

7. ThunderSkunk macrumors 68020

ThunderSkunk

1. Ok, so I reeeeeally want IMGrab, but it's nowhere to be found. :( Is there a custom source required for this?

2. I installed MxTube, and downloaded a big ol 8meg .mp4 video from YouTube. However, it seems to be sitting there in a lump unable to be played by anything. It'd obviously be too big to be emailed, so I'm kinda scratching my head here. Whyfor do I want this video downloaded? Huh.

Thanks for any pointers!
    p

8. Eleonardo macrumors newbie

Sorry for the late reply, yes - a custom source is needed for IMGrab...I believe the "official" repo is: modmypod.net/repo.xml

The IMGrab app will appear under the "A27 DevTeam" category in installer.

You'll also need to install Jiggy Runtime (current version is .26 I believe). If you get any Jiggy errors after installing IMGrab, simply uninstalling and reinstalling the Jiggy runtime usually fixes the problem.

As far as MXTube, it's worked pretty well for me so far, only had trouble with one video so far.

9. idonotliketostu macrumors 6502

Yea, VNotes is the leet.

10. ikcikc macrumors newbie

I found "BossPrefs" better than "Services" for my phone (can really easilly turn-on and off EDGE - whist this did not seem to work well with "services" - and seemed to contact the network). I have 1.1.4

I like Voice Notes - but don't dare use it as don't see any way to delete a voice recording. Is there something I am missing.

Music Quiz is fun

Has anyone got Mobile RSS working with 1.1.4?

11. Justinthesaint macrumors regular

To delete voice recordings in Voice Notes, just swipe your finger across the recording and press delete. It's just like deleting an email.

12. hxe3333 macrumors member

MxTube
    How about ssh to Media folder and transfer all the video to iTunes maybe? At least easier than keepvid->isquint on Mac.

13. Lukkas macrumors newbie

All of those apps are good and work for me except SMSD i dont know why but ever time i open it, it just crashes and never really open?? what should i do