List of your favorite iPhone 4 Accessories/Customizations

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by martynov, Mar 11, 2011.

1. martynov macrumors member

Not sure if a thread like this has been started before but i thought it would be interesting for members to list out their most favorite iPhone 4 gadgets, cases, customizations, etc.

Mine: Currently owned
    - Vapor Case
    - Apple Bumper
    - Wrapsol Full Protection
    - White Conversion

On my to do list:
    - Clear conversion in white
    - Powermat charger with back-up battery recharge
    - A case similar to the iPad 2 Smart Cover - SOMEBODY MAKE THIS PLEASE!!

2. polzii macrumors 6502

my Satin Nickel Vapor 4 case

every thing else is secondary:D

3. dayumitzmark macrumors regular

nice, im thinking bout buying a vapor. just worrying about the signal lost. hows your nickle? i heard it tarnishes?

4. polzii, Mar 11, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2011

polzii macrumors 6502

I actually love the tarnishing.....it adds individuality to my case :p But Ive had the case since November and see very little tarnishing, its only in the areas where my fingers and thumbs hold the case most often. I use my Vapor almost all the time, the only time I remove the case is when I get a case for review.

BTW Ive heard that jewelery cleaner can remove the tarnish. Not that I care, lol.

I ran Signal from cydia at home. Results were:

Naked iPhone -82 dBm
    Vapor 4 -93 to -99 dBm
    Atomic Hybrid -81 dBm (yah the atomic hybrid was that good)

I have a very strong AT&T signal at home, so normally get 4 bars easy, the vapor makes it drop 1 or very rarely 2 bars.

I recommend the Vapor ONLY if you have a strong signal. Weak reception areas, are going to be more affected.

I'll post some better pics when i get some sunlight streaming in here (the color is just exquisite):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

cheers

5. dayumitzmark macrumors regular

i usually get 3 to 4 bars, you think ill be safe with the vapor?

6. polzii macrumors 6502

I think you will be fine. There are also some posts around here on macrumors about how to use 3M type double sided tape as an inner lining to enhance signal reception. I have been lurking here for a long time, and I wish I had subscribed to that post(s). I dont know if it really helped, but there were at least a few guys who claimed it worked. Touch wood, I havent needed to do that so far. cheers.

The e13ctron S4 uses plastic linings to keep the signal from being attenuated, and thats an all aluminum case, so I think, as long as you get the right material to line the inside of the case, even weak reception areas will work with the vapor.

I'll try and dig up those posts about the kind of lining they used on the vapor to help reception.

One more consideration is GPS and wifi signals. I have had no issues with these, but its a YMMV situation.

7. polzii macrumors 6502

8. martynov thread starter macrumors member

I've been thinking about the vapor but Deff cleave is the way to go honestly, that case is just too insane. I contacted a local supplier so hopefully we can setup a group buy in the other thread and save some cash :D

9. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

how can you say the deff cleave is the way to go? you have never seen or touched it and unless it has a nice system on inside like the e13ctron case it will cut signal also,

imo the electron and the vapor and soon to be released diamond back look way better than the deff cleave and dont cols 110 dollars either, just my opinion.

10. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Yech :confused:

Why do people put those things around their phones?

11. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Contour Showcase
    eBay protectors (front/back)
    SW-Box Bumper (clear/black)
    Magpul Case
    Speck Candyshell

Currently waiting for clear back plate from SW-box to come in. Think it'll look awesome with my Contour Showcase.

12. martynov thread starter macrumors member

Oh i definitely do not want to rep the antenna issue to 100%, i have no idea personally. I just love the way it looks, far better then the electron and vapor in my opinion. The price is high definitely that is why i'm trying to get a group buy going so we can all save some cash :)