List: Which iPhone X colours are famous YouTubers getting?

iBrooker

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 20, 2016
Wales
Or those who seen it at the conference. Perhaps we can compile a list. I'm just curious!

(I'm not including tech magazines/blogs as I doubt the person reviewing chose the colour - hence sticking to individuals - I'll add those with 500,000 to 1M+ subscribers to this first post)

YouTube

Silver
MKBHD - 5.3m subscribers (Apple iPhone X Unboxing!)
iJustine - 4.2m (Real iPhone X Unboxing!!!!!!)
Jonathan Morrison - 2.2m (Early Apple iPhone X Unboxing!)
UrAvgConsumer - 1.3m (My iPhone X Experience - Here's What You Should Know.)

Space Grey
Please say in thread!

Others
Please say in thread!

Last edited:

Kjung7

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2013
If you look at their subscriber count it's not that high. I'm actually liking the fact that Apple gave lesser known vloggers a chance to check out their new phones.

Reactions: eagleglen

Adzenys

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2017
AFAIK, most of these phones are being lent on a 24 hr basis for reviews and then sent back to Apple?
Could be a company dictated decision for the Silver rather than the SG. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
AFAIK, most of these phones are being lent on a 24 hr basis for reviews and then sent back to Apple?
Could be a company dictated decision for the Silver rather than the SG. Correct me if I'm wrong please.
Usually the loan period is 30, 60, or 90 days. And I've heard stories of some reviewers keeping them, which is unsurprising considering that that far down the line Apple would have lost interest, and what would Apple do with them anyway?

What "Other" colors?

There are only two colors: Silver and Space Grey.

My red iPhone X is coming on Friday.
"YouTube" and "Others". Not "Colours" and "Others".

Reactions: iBrooker

EmkwanTV

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2013
Dubai
Or those who seen it at the conference. Perhaps we can compile a list. I'm just curious!

(I'm not including tech magazines/blogs as I doubt the person reviewing chose the colour - hence sticking to individuals - I'll add those with 500,000 to 1M+ subscribers to this first post)

YouTube

Silver
MKBHD - 5.3m subscribers (Apple iPhone X Unboxing!)
iJustine - 4.2m (Real iPhone X Unboxing!!!!!!)
Jonathan Morrison - 2.2m (Early Apple iPhone X Unboxing!)
UrAvgConsumer - 1.3m (My iPhone X Experience - Here's What You Should Know.)

Space Grey
Please say in thread!

Others
Please say in thread!
I got given a space gray by Apple Dubai. My unboxing went up on YouTube/EmkwanReviews and on my Instagram @ EMKWAN
[doublepost=1509523041][/doublepost]
So far they've made it sound like they chose those colours...

I'm also fairly sure I've heard some of them say they are opting for the silver in previous videos.
We were not given a choice. I got the Space Gray... I probably would have preferred the Silver

Reactions: iBrooker

I’mpaced

Suspended
Sep 26, 2017
I got given a space gray by Apple Dubai. My unboxing went up on YouTube/EmkwanReviews and on my Instagram @ EMKWAN

We were not given a choice. I got the Space Gray... I probably would have preferred the Silver

Is it yours too keep and if now what it’s he “loan” period

iBrooker

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 20, 2016
Wales

I am surprised they gave you one with only 32K subscribers (no disrespect intended :)) there are youtubers out there with millions of subs and not all of them have had one. How did you pull it off haha :p

Sir Ruben

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2010
UK

What are your honest thoughts on the space grey stainless steel? Is it marking easily? I've seen reports of the silver one showing marks within a days use.