Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Opie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 17, 2008
The other day I was driving down the road listening to my iphone through my aux input in my car and I had my Jawbone connected to my phone also. I received a call from my wife so I unplugged my phone from my aux input and answered the call. So while on the phone with my wife I decided to see what would happen if I played my ipod while I was in a call. Well sure enough I could hear it great (music that is). So I asked my wife if she could hear the song and she said no. So I guess the point of my post is to ask if anyone knows how to use you bluetooth as headphones while not in a call. I tried ending the call and hoped that the ipod would still play but it didn't. It went on to play through my speakers. :D

equlizer

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2008
not happening (at least not yet). And when it does happen, im pretty sure you will need a jailbroken phone :(

I believe its just a re-programming of the bluetooth stack.

Opie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 17, 2008
I know its not supported. It just seems funny to me that while in a call I can play music and hear it through my bluetooth and the other person can't. Try for yourself. Make a call with your headset connected and while talking go to your ipod and play a song. The sound quality is great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.