Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

luffytubby

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
Has anyone made a spreadsheet of how much MBA has fallen over time?

I wonder, because many people have argued that the Retina MBPs will fall over time, perhaps in a similar fashion.

I remember MBA being very very expensive when it launched. In 2008? And then many years later, they released a 999 dollars Macbook Air. But I believe that was the 11 inch. So specifically I am wondering how much the 13-Inch MBA has become cheaper of time. How much has the value increased compared to when it came out.

And do you guys think that it was due to innovative tech or the pressure from other Ultrabooks that followed MBA that became the catalyst for the pricedrop?

Also, I am wondering if, they choose to make a Retina MBA, if the price will skyrocket, close to something like 2000 dollars as a starter price, and I wonder how long it will take for the price to go down for those rMBAs(if they make them!)

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Well I have no idea what Apple's price history, I just know my magic number is <usd$1,000. If above that, I have to justify it to my "accountant" why is good to spend it on something that will go obsolete in 3 years than food. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.