Lists App

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Freeman3030, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Freeman3030 macrumors newbie

Hi all,
    I don't know about everyone else, but I make lists for everything. It's my only way to keep organised because I'm a bit OCD.
    I like the 'Reminders' app, because I have an iPhone, iPad and iMac and I like the way it syncs the data between the devices. I'm really after a good lists app where I can add quantities of things and more detail than 'Reminders' does. Ideally it would be nice to start the list on my iPad, then while on my break at work add to the list on my iPhone and review the lists when I get home on my iMac.

If no such app exists, can anyone recommend just a good lists app?

Many thanks :)

2. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

Use the notes app? Check the notes in the iCloud preferences, and then go to mail on icloud.com and they are on the left.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I use 2 apps for syncing lists between Macs or iPhones.

Notebox automatically syncs with Dropbox, which I find very useful for sharing information between Macs and iPhones.

AnyList is very effective as a grocery list app, syncing changes immediately between iPhones.

4. jrs22 macrumors 6502

Toodledo has an inexpensive universal app for the Iphone and iPad. On your MBP you can use their website or a widget on the dashboard. The service is free to use up to a point.

5. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

If you are using Mountain Lion on the Mac, why not just use the built in Notes App? You already have it built into the iPhone and iPad as well.

If you want something more like reminders in that you can create a list to check items off and stuff, I would suggest OmniFocus. I use OmniFocus to create lists of things and then I can also attach due dates and stuff plus for each item have a description, location etc. It may be billed as a to do list, but once you get into it you can create lists for just about anything.

OmniFocus does have apps available for the iPad and iPhone and quite frankly the user interface of the iPad version is the best of the three versions available. I would check out the Omni Groups website and watch the videos about OmniFocus.

6. matrix07, Aug 20, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2012

matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

I agree with everyone about Note or Omnifocus if you don't mind to pay. Or maybe Evernote? It's free after all. It might not look good but it sync between Mac and iDevices, and as you can see you can certainly create list with it.
    And you can try it right away.

[​IMG]

7. robgendreau macrumors 68030

Most "list" applications are task utilities.

I’m not sure what detail you're seeking, but you might prefer the outliner applications, which can act as task utilities but are really focused more on listing.

Someone already mentioned OmniFocus, but they also make OmniOutliner which might be more useful to you.

I love Taskpaper for listing. It's barebones and allows customization, and has iOS apps for use on the go.