Lite-On Semiconductor to Provide Wireless Charging Components for iPhone 8

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 19, 2017.

1. dauthiatull macrumors member

dauthiatull

if they go with wireless charging (with a pad or the 15 foot long ranged system) how will apple handle the battery case?
    will I have to plug in if I add the battery case or will it be charged by the phones wireless charger as well?

2. Crzyrio macrumors 65816

That is not how it works :p

A charge cycle is usually when it drops significantly in % and then charge to full.

Wireless charging will actually prolong the battery life. It will always be slowly charging.
    The biggest culprit to your phone battery is letting it go all the way down to 0 and then charging it again.

It is usually best practice to keep your battery charge between 60-80% at all times.

3. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Even if wireless charging isn't present by the iPhone 8, I still think this will be the most anticipated iPhone ever, being how many are ready for a revamp over the iPhone 7 body style and a refresh.

4. McFlyOz macrumors member

McFlyOz

I am looking forward to this. I wonder, however, what the charger will look like. swill it be like the power rock for the current Macs or something more svelte. The mind races with ideas...

5. saudade macrumors 6502

saudade

Great. Ill use my neighbors electricity not only to charge thiz but everything else. Free!!

6. itsamacthing macrumors 6502a

Externally the phone will be beautiful, but iOS is limited in features, heck...I cannot even modify a typed phone number in the phone app without having to erase most of the number...This is tough when traveling internationally and my only solution is to create a contact and then edit it then. I'm also sure Apple will tweak QI so that it does not work with all the other QI chargers on the market, exactly how they did with the watch. Main phone is now a Mate 9, second is iPhone.. skipped the 6s and 7, maybe a base level 8 where I always bought the maxed out models before.

7. littlecrossrace macrumors newbie

littlecrossrace

8. konqueror4u macrumors regular

konqueror4u

Finally iPhone is catching up. I think it might cost more.

9. Applebot1 macrumors 6502a

Apple said the future is wireless last year. Eventually Ports of any sort will be a thing of the past. That's the goal for Apple.

10. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

If there is an increase in the iPhone price, I believe it will likely occur with the OLED model (That is if we an OLED model). It all depends what materials and cost related features they implement into the largest variant. And that's what Apple wants, they want the most expensive iPhone to sell. This last year, the 5.5 iPhone has been Apples primary marketing focus with the dual camera.

11. LCPepper macrumors 6502

LCPepper

This is actual wireless charging. I have never understood the attraction to chargin my placing and leaving the phone on a charging mat. It's worse than charging with a cable, you can't use the phone while lying in bed!

Now, I like to moan about Apple from time to time, but I am glad that they have waited to implement this type of wireless charging rather than the gimmicky rubbish that other phones have, and that have never really caught on.

Take your time Apple, and implement later and better, than sooner and crappier.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 20, 2017 ---
    Yes you can... just long hold on the number to bring up the magnification loupe, then move the cursor. Delete the bit you want, and type the number. Easy.

12. konqueror4u macrumors regular

konqueror4u

It will cost more for sure might be 35% tariff or border tax.

13. itsamacthing macrumors 6502a

Of course, it was a hidden feature like that... But thanks, big help