Lite version has the same app name with Pro version

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by mikezang, Nov 2, 2012.

1. mikezang macrumors 6502a

I duplicated target to create lite version and I modified all "MyTarget copy" to "MyTargetLite", and I can compile it and got two app on my simulator.
    I found they have the same MyProduct.app name, do I have to change Lite version to another app name? How can I do it if I have to?

Then I want to use different images and icons for two versions, How can I create different bundle folder? pls give some advise. Thank you very much!

2. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

You don't have to change it but it would be more confusing if you didn't. To change it, modify the Product Name in your Build Settings.

If by "icons" you mean "app icons", simply replace those in your target's Summary tab (see attachment for an example). If for "images" you mean "launch images", I'm not sure if those can be different. Try it, I guess.

P.S. Be sure to change your Bundle Identifier as well.

Attached Files:

3. mikezang thread starter macrumors 6502a

I confirmed that two targets' product name is different, but I am not sure why Xcode created the same name app targets, and MyProductLite in product group is in red color, only MyProduct is there!

I am still not clear, do I have to use different file name for the Icon.png or Default.png? if they have to use the same name, save them in different folder is ok?

This is first time to use two targets in project, very confuse...

4. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

If it's in red, there is other issues with how you have your new product set up. I would review your Build Settings closely to see if you can determine why.

Why wouldn't you use different filenames? Sounds like you are just adding to your own confusion.

5. mikezang thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well, for icons and Default images, I put them in different folder, that is ok.

But for localizable strings, what can I do? they are in ja.lproj folder, how can I use two strings file for Pro and Lite version?