LiteIcon limited in what Icons it can change?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Khryz, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Khryz macrumors 6502a

Unless I'm missing something - the Finder, Dashboard, Trash, URL, and Widget icons are the only ones I can change?

I thought it could change them all?

2. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

You can change them all, Candybar is your friend ;)

3. Khryz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Lol. I understand that, but I was asking specifically regarding LiteIcon. Many people recommended it was the free alternative - but if it can only change a handful of my icons then it's not an alternative at all. This is why I'm asking this question here but that can't be right or else people wouldn't recommend it so I must be doing something wrong, missing a link or something ..

4. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

Sorry may have misunderstood your question, Personally ive never heard of LiteIcon ? But just had a quick look, it looks like it works in a similar fashion to Candybar, except the part that states: after clicking apply changes restart finder to see the changes take place ?

apart from restarting finder i cant see why it wont change your icons :confused:

5. Khryz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well, in Candybar when you click the Applications tab, it loads all of your App icons so that you could change them - awesome! But in LiteIcon .. all it loads is the Finder, Dashboard, Widget, and Trash icon wells for me to switch. It doesn't have any of the other ones, like iChat, or Safari, or anything else.

So far Candybar destroys it in terms of this functionality.

6. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

Sorry i cant help more, Candybars worth getting if you can, but as for LiteIcon? it's not worth it, good luck ;)

7. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

I've been using LiteIcon for maybe 6+ months now and I think it's a great piece of software. I've never really wanted to change my app icons, but LiteIcon can change pretty much all the system icons, not just the dock's.