Little annoying things missing in iOS6

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by chizzer2003, Sep 13, 2012.

1. chizzer2003 macrumors member

So, as history goes, the GM is the same as the final release. So i can't get my head round why there is still no pictures in notes, iMessages still don't have merged conversation threads like they do on OSX, there is no unified address and search bar in Safari, no frosted dock and why the App Store still only displays 5 reviews with still lots of lag when scrolling in the top charts.

I imagined these to be the little tweaks they sorted out between beta and GM, but are they really releasing this same version out to the public on the 19th? Can you see where I'm coming from? Thanks

2. Paradoxally macrumors 65816

Well, basically you're trying to get stuff from OS X (ML) and bring it to iOS...it only really works one way for Apple, and that's iOS -> OS X.

3. HE15MAN macrumors 6502a

HE15MAN

I would like to be able to change screen brightness and turn wifi on and off without going to settings

4. Zedsdead185 macrumors 6502

They have to hold at least some stuff back for iOS 7 :rolleyes:

5. Paradoxally macrumors 65816

Well, I'll be waiting for a jailbreak. :D

6. chizzer2003 thread starter macrumors member

But the problem is is that these aren't even features, they should be standard. So notes syncing between mac and iOS is useless when it comes to images. The lag in the App Store and only 5 reviews is just broken (which makes me think they MUST change that before release and that it's a bug)

7. Zedsdead185 macrumors 6502

Has any release, for any product from any company ever been perfect? Theres always going to be things that need updating and adding.
    This doesn't mean that you should stop finding these things. You just can't expect every new update to correct every single one of these problems. Even if they should...

8. chizzer2003 thread starter macrumors member

I see what you mean, but they couldn't just forget to add images to notes - this was billed as a big feature in ML and suggests that maybe there is a slight lack of communication going on between these departments

9. OzyOly macrumors 6502a

I think the bright colours of York, Uk are missing in Maps.

10. utwarreng macrumors 6502

utwarreng

Still needs (in no particular order):
    • Better group messaging/emailing
    • SMS Quick reply/compose (See xMessages bundled with IntelliscreenX)
    • Quick access to basic settings (WIFI/BlueTooth/Brightness)
    • Battery usage monitor (like Android has)
    • Better home screen notifications (See IntelliscreenX)

11. The AlluRe macrumors regular

SMS quick reply/compose, they have absolutely no excuse for not having this yet. thank god for jailbreaking bu it shouldn't come to that just to get a rather simple feature

12. Soundflunky macrumors regular

On an iPhone, there's a big drawback to a unified bar in Safari. If you start typing in Safari's bar on a Mac, you'll get about twenty lines of text underneath the bar (including section headers). Now expand each of those lines to the width required for a person to be able to tap on of them - that's a very long list all of a sudden. It would be clunky on an iPhone. If they keep the separate bars, they split that long list into two and it fits well on the screen. Not to mention, unlike in the Mac's Safari, the Find in Page function is part of that list. It's already kind of a hassle to scroll to now, if they doubled the amount of content in the list it'd be worse.

On the other hand, the benefits of a unified bar are minimal.

13. The Carny macrumors newbie

The removal of the ability to delete music is obviously here to stay. That's huge to me, and probably moves me away from iOS.

14. Razeus macrumors 601

I'd like to be able to set my own default camera app...:eek:

15. Richardgm macrumors 6502a

Richardgm

I can delete music on iOS 6 GM.

16. The Carny macrumors newbie

Do you use iTunes Match? I wonder if the many of us who're unable to do so are bearing the brunt of an Apple decision to make Match deletion entirely automated.

17. falkedup macrumors regular

i thought this was fixed in iOS 6???

18. Richardgm macrumors 6502a

Richardgm

Oh! I don't use Match on my iOS 6 device, no.

19. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

You're absolutely right, but Apple is notorious for leaving out such obvious things... That it's pretty apparent to anyone with half a brain they are milking it and saving things for the next update. I don't really care much because I always jailbreak.... But for those who don't I would imagine they feel like pulling their hair out sometimes with Apple's antics.

20. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

It has. Well for me it has.

21. Lukkee24 macrumors 6502

The unified bar in the Google Chrome app works really well imo, and would love to see it in Safari.

22. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

I'm surprised they didn't implement it. I use Chrome on my iPhone now but I am really liking the updated Safari. It does feel snappier and I like the tweaked UI.