Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ac921ol

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2011
I have a $640 gift card to Apple. I want to buy either the mini 4 or air 2. (Don't need help there)

My issue is, should I wait to buy it closer to blackfriday or Christmas, or does Apple not really give a huge discount on items.

I don't need it now but wouldn't mind having it now.

Also

Could I just buy it now, when I see it for sale for cheaper, I could return mine and repurchase couldn't I?

ac921ol

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2011
Well definately the air 4. And yeah you could scalp the Black Friday deals but is it worth it?
I have no idea what you are talking about, air 4 and scalp Black Friday deals.

No way I'd wait for $50 gift card, was hoping I could return and repurchase early December and possibly get one if it's going that long.

tottenj

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2013
delete
I would sell the gift card at a small loss ($10-20) and use the money to buy an Air 2 from another retailer. There have been some ridiculous deals lately, Staples has them now - 128GB for $559, 64GB for $479. Ebay has had them as a daily deal lately as well.

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
Yeah, no.. Apple doesn't discount much ever. Go ahead and buy it cause you already indicated 50 dollars doesn't mean much to you (me either)
But if you do want to save some money and will get the Air 2, then the suggestion in post 5 above is valid. Me? I love my Mini 4.

ac921ol

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2011
Yeah, no.. Apple doesn't discount much ever. Go ahead and buy it cause you already indicated 50 dollars doesn't mean much to you (me either)
But if you do want to save some money and will get the Air 2, then the suggestion in post 5 above is valid. Me? I love my Mini 4.
yeah, i was just able to sell our 1st gen mini ipad, which I love how small it is and how I could use one hand for serveral hours and not worry about it getting to heavy, i also turn the screen down cause I usually have the ipad on when we are wathcing a show or movie, and I dont like that much back light.

good thing ill have 2 months to return it if I do want to try an Air 2

MacManTexas56

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
I have a $640 gift card to Apple. I want to buy either the mini 4 or air 2. (Don't need help there)

My issue is, should I wait to buy it closer to blackfriday or Christmas, or does Apple not really give a huge discount on items.

Also

Could I just buy it now, when I see it for sale for cheaper, I could return mine and repurchase couldn't I?
see if apple will price match to another retailer...i've heard some people having luck with that. If not, do what another person suggested...sell the gift card at a little loss and buy from someone else. You can get like $150 discount right now on ipad air 2's.

tworth23

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2010

Also

Costco offering iPad Air 2's for $480 or so for 64 gb.

Starfia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2011
Yes, Apple sometimes does Black Friday promotions. (In the past, they've referred to them as "special one-day shopping events" or something.) Small discounts on a number of products, including some flagship ones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.