Little bit of water

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by apple111115, Feb 2, 2012.

1. apple111115 macrumors regular

So it was raining today and I found a little bit of water on my iPhone 4S. Will this turn into a problem, it was just a little. bit. Has your iphone ever gotten a little water on it? Did anything happen? Thanks!

2. Nikola3gs macrumors newbie

If u got it wet,then u should turn the phone off. U can try with hairdrier,it worked on htc hd2. If something inside the phone got wet, u can use it for a couple of months and after that he can sudenly stop working. Becouse of othe xidation.

3. toasty hoodie macrumors 6502

toasty hoodie

A few water drops won't hurt it.

I spray my phone daily with a cleaner.

You pretty much have to drop it in a puddle. Simple rain drops won't be an issue

4. apple111115 thread starter macrumors regular

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It doesnt matter if its a little water or a lot. If it gets in the phone it can short out many components. A few water drops can hurt it.
    I'd turn it off and leave it in rice to dry for a day just to make sure.

6. MsBeauty macrumors member

TURN OFF your phone ASAP. Use the hair dryer... thats what I did and saved my phone... good luck

7. apple111115 thread starter macrumors regular

A few more questions:

Apple says that the iPhone is okay up to 95% humidity, but isn't it normal to have humidity above that reading? Are you not supposed to use your phone when it is humid out? That just seems silly to me, I think you should be able to use your phone without the water damage sensor going off.

Say for instance you are on vacation and it becomes very humid....how are you supposed to protect your phone?
    Have any of your iPhones sensors gone off over 95%?

I was also wondering how sensitive these sensors are, please share your experiences. :) Thanks!