Little Britain, Season 3

XIII

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 15, 2004
England
... Starts tonight!

I've seen eduk's and dcv's avatars, and am sure at least they want to talk about it... :) So let the *official* Little Britain discussion thread lie here.. :)

9pm BBC1 everyone! (at least I think its 1, not 2)

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
Is it repeated on one of the other BBC channels later on or anything?

I don't want to miss it and i don't have a video recorder. :(

Danksi

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson, BC. Canada
Awesome. Getting the wife the new Series 1&2 Boxset for Xmas. We were wondering whether there'd be a third series. The League of Gentlemen boxset will be winging it's way here too. :D

Will be added to our BlackBooks, Spaced and Sean of the Dead collection.

Just can't get good commedy over here. :(

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
edesignuk said:
I don't like it. :eek:
Always full of lies, eh? You know you like it.

Never seen the show, and judging from the pictures between dcv and e, don't think I care to see the show. :eek: Hee. Especially because I don't usually find 'humorous' or comedic shows/movies to be that. :eek:

nesbitt_a

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2003
I saw an awesome clip on Richard & Judy - Andy and Lou on 'You Say We Pay'. Andy insists on playing - just shouting out the names of the pictures...

"It's a carrot"
"Michael Parkinson"

.. hilarious. :)

Danksi

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson, BC. Canada
devilot said:
Always full of lies, eh? You know you like it.

Never seen the show, and judging from the pictures between dcv and e, don't think I care to see the show. :eek: Hee. Especially because I don't usually find 'humorous' or comedic shows/movies to be that. :eek:
... treat it like a documentary then, it's not far of the mark. :rolleyes:

XIII

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 15, 2004
England
edesignuk said:
:D :eek:

I don't like it. :eek:
Hahaha... :D

Yes, it is good comedy. I should think it will be repeated on BBC three at some point, or maybe on another day on BBC2/1. Also, maybe torrents will be around, seeing how popular it is. Can't wait for some new characters!

*But I will still just roll around when I hear yeah but no but yeah but.. ;)*

EDIT: And in the theme of photos..

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
Yeah but no but yeah but no but there's still an hour and 8 mins to go... and counting...

It's about time we had some decent telly... I've been watching nothing but Lost and repeats on UK Gold recently.

Marjorie Dawes said:
OK we've got time for just one more...

Dust.

Anybody? No? High in fat, low in fat?
Dust.

Anybody? No?
Dust.

Anybody? No?
Dust.

Anybody? No?
Dust.

Anybody? No?
Dust.

Anybody? No?
Dust.

It's actually very low in fat, so you can have as much dust as you like.
:D

XIII

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 15, 2004
England
But don't listen to her, she's got one tit bigger than the other!

Anyone that wants a preview.. HERE

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Darn all of you and your tv-following inside jokes that I don't get! :eek: I don't even think I can view this show over here... anyhow, I resisted watching Friends all these years, surely I can resist strange looking UKers. :p

Applespider

macrumors G4
It's one show that really does nothing for me. I find some of it well-observed, pertinent and funny but a lot of it is truly puerile and some of the jokes are wearing a little thin. There's only so often you can repeat some things.

I've also seen some of the aftermath of brats who don't understand the over-exaggeration is part of the humour and who think it's how they should behave. Showing people spitting in another's face for a few cheap laughs causes more problems in the great unwashed of Little Britain who don't realise they're being parodied.

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
devilot said:
Darn all of you and your tv-following inside jokes that I don't get! :eek: I don't even think I can view this show over here... anyhow, I resisted watching Friends all these years, surely I can resist strange looking UKers. :p
Maybe Matt Lucas and David Walliams can sell it to the states - Little America! I don't think it would as effective as it is here.

Danksi

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson, BC. Canada
Applespider said:
...I've also seen some of the aftermath of brats who don't understand the over-exaggeration is part of the humour and who think it's how they should behave. Showing people spitting in another's face for a few cheap laughs causes more problems in the great unwashed of Little Britain who don't realise they're being parodied.
That is one of the unfortunate side-effects and it seems the tradition afternoon/evening/late night, 'water-sheds' don't work very well these days.

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
Applespider said:
It's one show that really does nothing for me. <snip>

Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around the eyes, look into my eyes...

*You're under*

You WILL watch Little Britain tonight at 9pm on BBC1 and you WILL enjoy it

*3, 2, 1...* you're back in the room

:D

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
EGT said:
Is it repeated on one of the other BBC channels later on or anything?

I don't want to miss it and i don't have a video recorder. :(
Repeated Sunday at 10, BBC3.

On another note: That was freaking BRILLIANT! What a kerfuffle! :D

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
edesignuk said:
Repeated Sunday at 10, BBC3.

On another note: That was freaking BRILLIANT! What a kerfuffle! :D
I managed to see most of it. Absolutely hilarious. Wtf was the Celine Dion woman all about?!?! :confused: