Little bug maybe

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by PicnicTutorials, Jan 19, 2014.

1. PicnicTutorials macrumors 6502a

PicnicTutorials

In applications folder within finder I moved all my browsers into a folder I made within the applications folder. I tested it and didn't like it. Went to move them all out of the newly created folder. Mavericks wouldn't let me move safari out of the folder. I had to temporarily remove the .app in the get info. This worked and I was able to move it out of the folder. But then it wouldn't let me add the .app back on so it was stuck as a folder icon. I thought maybe I was sol. But then a new version of the icon appeared. So I deleted the old and all seems good.

2. robgendreau macrumors 68040

What you're probably seeing isn't a bug, but a consequence of permissions special to the applications and/or application folder. And the applications you see are often really packages, a kind of special directory. If you do a control-click you'll get an open to "Show Package Contents" and you'll see what I mean. Moving stuff around can have unfortunate results, however, so do be careful.

3. PicnicTutorials thread starter macrumors 6502a

PicnicTutorials

Ya I'm learning this thing is no windows machine. Windows is headache though too.