Little bugs/non handy things in Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by willybNL, Nov 9, 2007.

1. willybNL macrumors 6502

I'm using leopard for some time now, and I notices some little bugs and some little things for improvements in Leopard.

I want to share them with you, to see if i'm maybe didn't find an ability to solve it.

Finder
    - [enhancement] In cover flow mode: when you enlarge the window, the cover flow should not increase in size, but the file-window should. This is not the case now and didn't find a way to not have to drag the windows size and the sliderbar seperatly.
    - [bug?] in cover flow mode: if you move a whole map into another map, the map is moved, though the display is only updated with the delete. You have to do 'something' (ie; go into the map, or switch back forward into it) to see the moved map.
    - [strange....] While in coverflow, if you select a map and paste something... it isn't pasted into the map, but in the top-map you have open.

Dock
    - [enhancement] Can't create a stack in the application-area.
    - [bug?] Having the dock in magnification mode will move the stack-area on mouse movement. It is consistent, though it isn't really nice to see though, is it?
    - Moving a window into the dock will slow down the window-movement a bit (macbook C2D) while dragging it.

iCal
    - [enhancement] In iCal from tiger editing a item was instant. Now i have to click 2 times before i can edit... Is there a way to not having to click (in month-mode)
    - [enhancement] Missing this for quite a while now (also in tiger): weeknumbers.

Window sharing in iChat
    - [it's not a bug, it's feature?] While see-ing the window of the other user, if that user moves his mouse into the area on your computer where your screen is, the 'return to' image appears. (funny at least).
    - [bug?] After disconnection the screen from somebody, the connection is also disconnectd.

Share your things too :D

2. todd2000 macrumors 68000

Huh :confused: what the heck is a map?

3. Pendora macrumors newbie

Directory/folder
    In Dutch we call it a "Map"
    Sometimes it's a little bit confusing for us as most words in the computer world are English but other are in Dutch

4. tibi08 macrumors 6502a

tibi08

Not sure what the alternative would be - agree it does look a bit funny to have the whole stack moving across the screen, but this should hardly ever happen - why did you open the stack if you're not going to use it?!

I use month mode too and this REALLY annoys me.