Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BMMAC027

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2015
Hi all, Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I am looking to purchase a new MBP Retina. Was there a new one announced yesterday? I know the macbook was announced, but did not seem to be the Pro version. Unfortunately I missed the even due to work.

The current one I am looking at buying is this: (Which was released July 2014)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-macbook-pro-with-retina-display-13-3-display-8gb-memory-128gb-flash-storage-silver/1581712.p?id=1219056464287&skuId=1581712

Not sure if I should hold off on buying right now. Thanks!

BMMAC027

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2015
The new ones are on Apple's website.

Thank you for the info. I do see the new Pro with Force touch on their site! Is there a usual time frame when it is available on apples site that it shows up in stores?

thepoynt

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2012
United States
Yes, the macbook pro (13") was updated yesterday. Nothing revolutionary, mainly new broadwell processors, faster flash storage, and the new trackpad.

The 15" was left untouched, due to the fact that Intel has yet to release the higher-end broadwell processors it would use. They might update it when those come out, or they might just wait until the next processor line altogether.

BMMAC027

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2015
If you were looking to purchase would you go with the upraded 13 pro, or new macbook? I use photoshop CS6 alot and will be the primary usage.

Yes, the macbook pro (13") was updated yesterday. Nothing revolutionary, mainly new broadwell processors, faster flash storage, and the new trackpad.

The 15" was left untouched, due to the fact that Intel has yet to release the higher-end broadwell processors it would use. They might update it when those come out, or they might just wait until the next processor line altogether.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.