Little Disappointed

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Jman14, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Jman14 macrumors 6502

To start I have been a loyal Apple customer since the first iPhone. Since then I have bought everyiPhone on launch day, we have 5 lines with iPhones, and also has 4 Macs in my household. I had broken my iPhone 4, and didn't
    want to use my upgrade.

So I purchased a white iPhone 4 on Craigslist. It just so happens, this iPhone
    had been stolen from the Apple Store in Leawood, Kansas. I could tell his by the fake Apple employees listed in the contacts, as well as the notes in the phone. I called the police and filed a report immediately. I had been told to call the Apple Store in the morning. call the Apple Store in Leawood first thing in the morning, they tell me that iPhones had been stolen the day before, and they would call me back. I never heard back from them, instead I got a call from a Detective from Leawood Police. In the meantime I had a Genuis Bar appointment to get the charger replaced on my MacBook, so I took the phone with me and asked to talk to the manager I had spoke with on the phone earlier in the day. They took the phone back to Brett, and came back and rudely said "take it to the police." I then turn around take the phone to the Detective and spend about an hour and a half in his office taking about the incident. I recieve a text message that night from Detective saying they have caught the suspect thanks to the description of the suspect, and the car identification I had given him. He also said that he found several other stolen Apple products in his car.

I am a little disspoainted with the Apple Store as I can't even physically meet with the manager, little less a "thank you". I never asked for the $400 back I spent on buying the phone from the guy, or anything along those lines. All I think should have been done is at least a thank you..

END RANT :D

2. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

3. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

They're just like any other company, I don't know why people expect better. Expect to be treated as you would anywhere else, and be happy if you get treated better.

4. ann713 macrumors 6502a

You can't blame them for being a little rude, distance and suspicious of you. They didn't know whom they were dealing with at the time, a thief or an honest fellow. Anyways, thanks for the read. PS The thief wasn't very smart.

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

The store manager may not have cared (we presume, but their could have been other reasons as to why he couldn't/wouldn't meet with you), either way, your good deed and cooperation led to the arrest of the thief.

So good job.

6. d0ster macrumors regular

I would be a little disappointed also. You went out of your way to do the right thing. Sounds bad but if they don't care then maybe next time you shouldn't either.

7. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

unfortunate lesson in life. often a good deed is rewarded with a kick in the teeth.

8. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

Wrong. http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2011/08/apple-market-cap/ They are the first/second largest public company in the world.

9. Gregg2 macrumors 603

or, No good deed goes unpunished. :apple:

10. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

11. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

12. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

You must be joking?

His result is an anomaly.

Check the Board for other stories of unexpected results of other users.

That's what we pay a premium for.

Perhaps there are other issues at play here, either with the OP or the manager?

13. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

14. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

15. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

No one told me about breasts when I joined this community. :confused: :mad:

16. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

That was the point of my original post. People expect more than they should. If you go in with lower expectations you won't be disappointed.

17. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

And if you are a sheep, you will be sheared.

Go in hopping mad, and demand satisfaction. That's what you pay for!!

18. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

OK I agree, but Apple is one step above everyone else in terms of customer service or whatever you can think of. They're even one step above everyone else in pricing! ;) Miracles do happen in the Apple store, but I don't think the Geniuses pull down their pants for everyone that walks through the door which births complainers like the ones you linked us to.