Little electric "shocks"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lordthistle, Jul 25, 2008.

1. lordthistle macrumors 6502

Sometimes, when my MBP is plugged, I can feel small electric "shocks" when my wrists or forearms touch the upper border of the notebook.

Am I dreaming? Has it already happened to anyone? Does it depend on where the MBP is laying? Do I need to bring it back to assistance?

thistle

2. TodVader macrumors 6502a

TodVader

My iBook gave me shocks when I touched ports or screws. It stopped doing it after doing it randomly for about 6 months. It did this plugged in BTW, not on battery life.

3. Celedral macrumors 6502

Celedral

yup, its real.

Happens to me a lot now since its always plugged in. You feel it the worst wen you use the back of your hand. One time I touch around the edges of the screen and that portion of the screen distorted. But no physical damages yet, and im afraid to get shocked to provide any more experiments.

4. philgilder macrumors 68000

5. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

I noticed this on MBP and MBA in my local Apple store. Doesn't really bother me cos I wont buy either. I guess we're the ones who are sensitive to this type of shock.

6. sammy2066 macrumors 6502a

This happens on any device that is made from metals. My old Sony SZ, PowerBook and even my iPod. It's an earthing issue, that is eliminated by the 3rd pin on the adaptor.

7. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

ahh well put, i was wondering why i hadnt been shocked for a while, i had the extension 3 pin adapter in. thanks :)

8. SpookyLars macrumors 6502

Yeah, it happened to me. But now I use plug with protective grounding and have no problems. Hope it helps!

9. tom burns macrumors member

I noticed the same thing with mu GF's penhryn MBP. I went to a Genius and he said that it is normal and he could change it for me if i wanted but all MBPs are like that because of the aluminium. Even my old PB does the same...