Little help here factoring the decision

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by jns2001, Mar 26, 2011.

  1. jns2001 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2009
    #1
    Guys and gals,

    I have a MBA Rev C 2.13, 128 SSD and my wife has a Rev A, I used her computer the other day and it is a slow horse. I was thinking of giving mine to her and purchasing a Rev D 2.13, 256 SSD, 4 GB to my own use. My question is for those of you that have upgraded it. Is it worth the upg even that the new one doesn't have an illuminated keyboard? Would you wait another 6 months and see if the Sandy Bridge ones come to life? Should you wait for Lion to come GA? A Windows machine is out of the pic, since I need to use my 27" ACD that is less than 6 months old.

    I would love to hear your opinions about the subject. Thanks.
     
  2. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2008
    Location:
    Kitchener, Ontario
    #2
    If you're OK waiting, then it never hurts to. If you would rather have the computer now, the MBAs are very powerful for what they are already.

    Some have said that if Apple does do Sandy Bridge, they really will take a hit in the graphics department because the ULV chips for Sandy Bridge don't have nearly as good of a integrated GPU as the normal voltage ones (ie. MBP). So take that for what it's worth.

    All I know is, I absolutely love my MacBook Air. Same one as the one you're thinking of buying. :D
     
  3. jns2001 thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2009
    #3
    They've gotta come up with some GPU that is compatible with this SB. What is the problem, this has been hurting a lot of people I can imagine.
     
  4. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2008
    Location:
    Kitchener, Ontario
    #4
    That's the thing, Intel is really trying to get people to use their GPU, even if it is inferior to what other companies can bring.

    Maybe Apple can do something with AMD to bring ATI graphics to MBAs, but I doubt it since if that was possible, Apple would have probably already done it with the MBP 13".
     

Share This Page