Little Help? My Macs been uploading all morning.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by The JTizzle, Aug 15, 2012.

1. The JTizzle macrumors 6502

The JTizzle

Hey just noticed my Mac has had its outgoing traffic peaked all morning (iStat Menu). I have no apps running and was curious what this might be. Anyone know of an app I could get to see what apps eating up my bandwidth?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

download a copy of LittleSnitch and see what apps are phoning home.

3. The JTizzle thread starter macrumors 6502

The JTizzle

Ok so I tried both the 2 and 3 preview. When they are installed the uploading stops. I allowed everything through and don't see anything trying to eat up throughput. As soon as I uninstall LS the uploading resumes...

4. The JTizzle thread starter macrumors 6502

The JTizzle

Incase any one else has a problem like this figured it out. We have a Eye-Fi memory card in our DSLR that imports wirelessly to iPhoto. My wife shot 93 RAW images this morning of the cats I guess while I was sleeping and never changed the software to import to her iMac and not mine. So they sent to my iPhoto library without me knowing and then began their trip. So it was the background uploader for Photo stream uploading like 3 gigs of useless cat pictures to my iCloud account that was eating up my speed.... I should have known it would have been her fault :p

5. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

So, I guess you haven't been married too long if you don't already realize it is somehow your fault... :rolleyes: