little help with bodyguardz application

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by JackSpearo, Jul 19, 2008.

1. JackSpearo macrumors regular

I tried putting bodyguardz on my iphone 3g last night

first of all, it was hard and stressful

secondly I have like 8 little bubbles in the back

everything seems really dry, but the bubbles are still there, the directions say give it 24 hours...

but i dont see how if bubbles can't escape now, then how can they escape a few hours from now?

should I redo it? or what?

thanks

Jack

2. cutta2k4 macrumors newbie

I had same issues.....with less air bubbles........if I was you I would give it couple days to let the air bubbles smooth out....because they will! Makes no sense to try reapply it at this point (at least the same skin).....that will stretch it out and you probably would not get better results re-using that skin.........give it some days then smooth them out with the card......I had about 4 bubbles and they all dissapeared.....the ones I messed with got smaller but in a couple...my zeal to smooth them out right after application led to me making imperfections in the skin....

Give it a little time......

3. uicandrew macrumors 6502a

i had a bestskinsever on macbook and i had a lot of small bubbles. and i mean a LOT. i got impatient and didn't want to keep redoing it.

they will eventually go away. i don't know how, but give it time. with my tons of bubbles, it took a month or 2, but with such a small device, an iphone could get done in a couple weeks.
    ----
    for my iphone, it took me 4-5 hours to give time for the small tabs to dry enough to actually stick to the iphone. it is very time intensive, but it is worth it. if you don't give the tabs time to dry, it won't stick.

4. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

I got the bodyguardz on mine and its not scratch resistant at all. I see scratches all over the skin from carrying it in my pocket. I used Invisi shield on my previous iphone and yes it has an orange peel effect, but it was scratch resistant. I couldnt scratch that thing if i tried. Downfall is that the invisishield doesnt cover the whole phone. It leaves the top and bottom rim open.