Little "i" by TV Show descriptions for manually added shows?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by devburke, Nov 12, 2008.

1. devburke Guest

Is there a way to get the little "i" to appear by the descriptions I manually add to TV Show episodes that I imported myself?

Everything I've googled seems to be pre-iTunes 8, and it all says that you can't even edit the description field, plus talks about a short description and long description field. I'm guessing these inconsistencies are due to the release of iTunes 8. There's only 1 description field, and I can edit it, but I can't make the "i" appear, which I really need because descriptions are too long to see at a glance and I don't wanna have to cmd-i every time.

It'd also be great if iTunes actually let me copy and paste their descriptions so I could add them to my shows instead of retyping them manually, but I'll choose my battles.

2. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

Try MetaX. It will allow you to edit the Description field. :)

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I use Lostify, if I put in the cast I get the little i, if I don't put in a cast it's not there.
    :confused:

Doesn't really bother me, I always put the cast in.

4. devburke thread starter Guest

Galley-
    Does MetaX allow me to do anything with description that I can't already do in iTunes? I can edit descriptions already, they just don't get the i.

Chundles-
    I tried Lostify, but I didn't add the cast. That's definitely what makes the difference? I wonder if adding then removing cast will keep the i...

Thanks for the replies!

5. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles