Little issue with Siri

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by akj27, Oct 20, 2011.

1. akj27 macrumors member

Could someone try telling Siri to text someone asking when their meeting is?

I kept trying to ask someone when the meeting is scheduled for and Siri thought I wanted to schedule a meeting no matter how I worded it.

Thank You!

2. AJayAgliolio macrumors member

AJayAgliolio

I haven't tried it because I'm at work, but you should try to say... "send a text message to 'blahblah'.." Siri should ask what you want the text to say, then you respond "When is the meeting scheduled for?"... that should probably work.

3. f00f macrumors 65816

Texting my wife using Siri the other night on the way home from work, she was asking what we should do for dinner:

and I followed that up with:
    Siri thought I wanted to text my wife and some person named "some" because in this particular context there were two recipients as Siri interpreted the first word of my message ("And") as a logical AND operator.

"Tell" is a shortcut for the longer form of sending a text which avoids this predicament:

It's these little nuances (pun intended) in grammar/syntax that can make Siri tricky to use.

4. akj27 thread starter macrumors member

5. forza69 macrumors 6502a

forza69

Tried it. Just say "Message (recipient) at what time is the meeting". Works fine. I always say "message" instead of "text".