Little Issue..

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iLoyal, Nov 18, 2010.

1. iLoyal macrumors regular

Umm.. i bought an iphone 4 from a friend of mine and when i try to turn it on this itune with the cord image popped out. i cant do nothing except turn it on and off. i use tmobile and i went there today and had my sim cutted to a micro sim. when i got home, i tried putting it in and connect it to my laptop it gave me the option of "Restore" so i clicked it and now it downloading. my questions are should i cancel the download? if i let it download, will it get rid of the "itune and the usb" imagine so i can actually go into home of the iphone? and no, the itune did not show the capacity, software version, nor the serial number. so help me O_O i'm IT myself, but i dont know the deep things about phone..

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

all i can say is "IF" it updates the firmware during the install you might not be able to unlock in

3. iLoyal, Nov 18, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2010

iLoyal thread starter macrumors regular

@_@ if i cancel it now, it would be back to the itune and cord image and i wont be able to do anything except turning the phone on and off, plus after i cutted my stupid sim. this is kinda scary, like having a brickphone..

30+ views and only 1 reply? more help would be appreciate , thanks

4. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

download TinyUmbrella from http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com

Plug in your phone, the program should recognize it.

hit the "kick out of recovery" button. See what happens.

5. iLoyal thread starter macrumors regular

i did it, and it listed my iphone infor and found out that it's 4.1 firmware version, but on my iphone screen, the image is still there with the itune and cord

6. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Can you find out what baseband version the phone has? If it's 1.59, you can do a DFU restore and preserve your baseband with TinyUmbrella, and then keep the ability to unlock in the future. But if it already has 4.1, you're screwed for now.

7. iLoyal thread starter macrumors regular

well it said installed firmware version 4.1
    and the installed baseband version is 2.10.4 ice 2-8
    also i saved the SHSH- iphone 4.1 and 4.2b3

8. iLoyal thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for the help guys! now i finally jail broken my phone and my only issue that are left is unlocking from at&t to tmobile. i have 4.1 are there anyway to downgrade it to 4.0 or 4.0.2? and if downgrade is successful, will i be able to change to tmobile?

9. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

You have baseband 2.10 which means you won't be able to unlock the phone. You will have to wait for new unlock to come out. Latest rumor is sometime after firmware 4.2 comes out. So, you can just go ahead and restore the phone through iTunes. Use it as an iPod Touch for now.

10. iLoyal thread starter macrumors regular

the thing is i already have a itouch 2nd generation xD. there's no way of downgrading it so i can unlock it?

11. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

No. If there was, I would have already mention it.

12. iLoyal thread starter macrumors regular

=| guess ill have to go back to tmobile and buy a regular sim for my samsung vibrant since i cutted mine to micro xDD well, thanks alot!! btw any information on when 4.2 is going to be release?

13. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

No one knows for sure but signs point to 4.2 coming out very soon. Also, there's definitely an unlock in the pipeline for 3G/3GS users but nothing really for sure for iPhone 4 users, but @sherif_hashim has made progress and says it will eventually come (though likely after the 3G/S unlock).

Also, FYI: iPhones can only use t-mobile's EDGE (2G) network because it operates at a different frequency range than AT&T.

In other words, when you get this thing unlocked make sure you're not paying for 3G because you won't be able to use it.

On another, final note: the samsung vibrant is a pretty sweet phone. :)

14. iLoyal thread starter macrumors regular

=| so it's a brickphone now... :[ need to make a trip to tmobile to get a regular sim card then. hope it coming out in a month of less :[ anyways thanks for the help!! yes, vibrant is pretty sweet, but it like a fake iPhone :[

15. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

how is it a brickphone? You should have known what you'd be getting with an iphone on tmobile.