Little Kings Story! (another Wii game)

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by MRU, Apr 24, 2009.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Jeez another Wii purchase. When the drought looked never ending along come some decent wii titles.

So after the fun of excitebots, my next wii purchase arrived on my doorstep in the shape of Little Kings Story.

A rather magnificent title, that combines Animal Crossing, Pikmin and some RTS games into somthing that could have been disastrous, but instead has turned into a real gem.

Graphically the game is impressivly cutesy and generally aesthetically beautiful. But more than anything it simply feels like a joy to play. I've only spent a relativly brief 90 minutes getting to grips with it, but it appears wonderfully intuitive.

Definetly a game worth checking out. Anyone else grabbed a copy of this ? (yes I know there's a recession on, I just haven't told my wallet :D )

edit... a couple of reviews, both glowing....

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/little-kings-story-review

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sciencea...eviews/5209471/Little-Kings-Story-review.html

2. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Oh! I see that you wont be able to sample this delight in the USA until sometime in June.....

Guess for once PAL got there first.

Loving the music in this game. From Land of Hope and Glory, to all the other familiar classical tracks it really is a breath of fresh air and lends the game an air of class.....

3. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

The title just sounds so.... biblical....

Looks like shovelware from what I've seen, along with excitebots. Sorry :eek::p

4. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ Looks can be deceiving.... Very much so on the wii, where I agree we have had nothing but diatribe.

But Little Kings Story is fantastic gem, and really is worth checking out.

It would be a shame to miss out on gold like this simply because of such low expectations of 3rd party wii software.

5. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

When its released here I'll try it, but if it sucks I will complain/whine at you :p

6. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Hey i'm usually the one who complains first, and do I have to mention a certain 'blue' game you were fond of ;);):p:p:D:)

7. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

I've only played through the opening couple of hours, but so far I'm completely smitten. I think it's the wonderful soundtrack!