Little line on screen.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by thebignewt, Dec 22, 2011.

  1. thebignewt macrumors regular

    Jun 10, 2011
    2009 Macbook. School lease unit. On the screen there's a horizontal line almost in the middle that matches up with the plastic groove/ridge above the keyboard. I'm sure that's what made it, but I can't get rid of it with a mild glass cleaner. What can I use?
  2. logana macrumors 65816


    Feb 4, 2006
    A1181 MacBook ? The original non-Unibody ?

    Is the top case cracked along the front edge ?

    The keyboard and the screen are designed to NOT touch - but when the top case cracks along the front edge the screen comes into contact with debris on the keys and the area just above the trackpad. Not unusual but the line is normally a series of small chips out of the front panel of the lcd.

    Try feeling with a finger to see if there are chips out if the screen - if there are there is not much you can do.

    If it is "stuff" on the surface of the screen then you should be able to clean it off but I suspect it will be small chips out of the surface.....

Share This Page