Little longer wait but it'll be worth it.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by poshrobot, Sep 23, 2014.

1. poshrobot macrumors member

poshrobot

On the day Pre-Ordering opened I ordered a 16Gb Space Grey 6+ thinking it would be plenty of space since thats all ive hadfor the past two years.

But ive gotten really sick of having to clear space all the time and limit what I store on the phone. So today I changed my preorder up to a 64gb model. I'm ticked I was kicked out of line for delivery, but it'll be worth the wait. :rolleyes:

2. EcuadorianMami macrumors regular

good for you...i really think apple should have taken off 16g phones and kept 32 instead...my iphone 5 is a 32 and i ran out of space...i got a 64g this time too...

3. fanchee macrumors 6502a

fanchee

I agree, I wish they had just done away with 16 and started with 32. I ordered a 64g too, and while I don't think I need anywhere near that space, I certainly need more than 16g.

I plan on using the extra space to actually keep music on my phone, something I haven't done in a very long time. And put all those games that I had to delete to make room!

Hope your phone comes quickly, OP.

4. Numbers624 macrumors newbie

I'm 16GB. I haven't even approached 12 GB's usage with my iPhone 4. Right now, I'm at 7GB's with it. But it works for me. I don't game or take an obscene amount of selfies. If you think you need 64GB, good for you!

5. Jman13 macrumors 68000

Just be careful with video. 1080p video takes up a fair bit more space than the 720p on the 4.

6. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Smart move IMO. 16 gigs is for people who rarely use their phones or for people who are willing to spend lots of time managing their storage very carefully.

128GB for me. :)

:apple:

7. EdMan macrumors 6502

EdMan

I wouldn't say rarely use their phones. It's more like how they use their phone. My wife has had a 16gb phone for 3 phones and she always has 5 or so GB's left. And she's always on it with quite a few apps. But she carries no music to speak of and very little video. Lots of pics though.

8. poshrobot thread starter macrumors member

poshrobot

Thanks, I hope I get surprised by a faster delivery.

Apps are clearly going to get bigger being optimized for the bigger screens and since this has been one of Apples biggest updates in years(compared to stretching the screen taller and a fingerprint scanner), I'm most likely going to keep this phone longer. I don't want the headache of worrying what I need to delete or move to cloud storage.

I hope those of you that braved the lines are enjoying your phones. :)