Little Patches All Over the Front on iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jamied95, Aug 30, 2010.

1. jamied95 macrumors 6502

Hi Guys!
    All over the front of my iPhone 4 there are little patches (extremely hard to explain) of varying sized but cover the whole of the front glass, yet there are absolutely no patches on the back. I've wiped it down and rubbed it using cloths from my MacBook Pro etc, but they just won't go, it's almost as if they're in the glass.... any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. adztaylor macrumors 68000

Is it possible to take a picture? Would make it easier to see what's going on.

3. samcraig macrumors P6

Pictures?

4. 184550 Guest

Have they always been there or have they recently started to appear? Also, another call for pictures.

5. Tito Georgie macrumors 6502

Tito Georgie

I have this same problem but on the back of my iPhone o_O this is odd even more odd because idk what's causing it.

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Ok, you've done it. You've managed to create the first totally unique thread here on Macrumors.

I am positive that saying "search the archives" does not apply here.

Yes, photos would be great or, at the very least, a more detailed description.

7. staccato83 macrumors 6502a

staccato83

I've actually had this problem and returned my phone for a replacement. It was almost as if something was sprayed on my screen and the marks were etched on. The genius brought my phone to the back and cleaned it, but as soon as you start to use the phone again the spots reappeared.

I only used a microfiber cloth and lens cleaner (non-alcohol based) to clean my screen so I'm not sure what caused it. My new phone has no spots yet.

8. 184550 Guest

Has it been exposed to anything significantly cold or hot? Could it be an issue with the adhesive/ bonding paste like the yellowish screen issues earlier?

9. jamied95 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm presuming your being sarcastic? I did have a look, especially at the discolourations, but they only apply to the screen, this happens to the whole front panel :(

I've never done anything, I don't know for certain whether it's always been there, I just thought it was a bit weird, you can make them disappear by rubbing them, then they reappear, it's quite a pain, because they are really noticeable!

I used to thin it was my jeans, but then I'd expect it to happen to both sides - it doesn't! So confused! Help?

I've never had any yellowing problems, but is this the adhesive things? I always just presumed it was nothing, but it finally started to get annoying, and coupled with a temperamental home button, I'm beginning to get to my limit!

10. DroidRules macrumors 65816

Not trying to be a jerk but if you're that unhappy with the phone take it back. Put a screen protector on, swap it out for a different phone something ffs.

11. jamied95 thread starter macrumors 6502

I love it. Pure actual love. I just want to make sure it's right... which it seemingly isn't :)

Edit: Rang Apple, the knew of the problem and told me to send it back, for repair/replacement or something :)

Edit 2: And now they send it back, "Issue Cannot be Replicated."