Little problem with "lines" in the video...

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Eauripik.jk, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Eauripik.jk macrumors newbie

Hi,

I've been using Final Cut Express to edit some videos imported form a Canon HV30 (HD), with a 1920/1440 x 1080 frame size and always trying to keep the best quality. As someone who has an important lack of knowledge about formats and that stuff, I always take the frame size, even the bits, as the way to know the quality of the vids. And, of course, my eyes: I spend hundred of minutes comparing videos, searching for image low quality in the shadows and checkin the edges to see if they're clear enough.
    Well, now I have some videos that have a good quality but they have many of horizontal lines, specially in the straight edges, whic you may not see with a first sight, but they are specially umbearable when you watch the video more focused on details.
    The fact is, I imported some of these videos to Final Cut Pro and, for some reason, I did something I cannot remember (maybe the way I exported it), but I got an exported video with no horrible lines... but with less video quality :s

My question is... Does anybody has the solution to those lines, so common in digital video works? Something to do with interlace or progressive? Can I solve that without losing quality, without having more "noise" in the dark parts of the image??

Thank you very much...

2. marzy macrumors member