Little problem with Mail

Discussion in 'iMac' started by LukeDrum44, Feb 10, 2011.

1. LukeDrum44 macrumors newbie

LukeDrum44

Hi all,

Basically I can't seem to get my Mail to remember my password, every so often it will ask me to type it in.

I've gone through the options in the Mail tab and typed it in there as well as ticking the box that says remember my password in keychain every time i type it in but it still doesn't seem to work.

Any help would definitely be appreciated!

Thanks a lot
    Luke

2. davids8477 macrumors 6502

Same problem, but I must say its very rare - maybe 2-3 times in a year.

3. GeneralMelchett, Feb 14, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2011

GeneralMelchett macrumors newbie

The same

I have the same problem LukeDrum44, and it's sometimes 2-3 times a day, sometimes every other day. I registered on here to ask the same question, but wisely did a search for it.

I am assuming that it is to do with Hotmail email accounts? Is your email account Hotmail? Because other macuser friends of mine don't have any issue with this and they have other email service providers such as gmail or BT.

Again, a solution would be received most gratefully!

Many thanks

4. Coffee87 macrumors regular

Coffee87

I have this same issue and mine are hotmail accounts. But I have a gmail account setup in Mail also and it has no problem. So it's definitely a hotmail issue.

5. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Happens with Gmail every now and then.

If it's a frequent problem you could run Keychain Access and delete the mail related (imap., pop., smtp) items. The next time you send or receive mail, you can re-save the settings, which will create new Keychain items.